Beginning this month you can electronically file an information return with the Canada Revenue Agency of up to fifty slips in a single submission using the Canada Revenue Agency’s (CRA) Web Forms application.
The information return types that can be submitted include T3, T4, T4A, T4A-NR, T4E, T4RIF, T4RSP, T5, T5007, T5008, T5018 and NR4.
- Simple – eliminates the need to send paper copies of your Information return to the CRA by filing them online.
- Convenient – this online, interactive service requires no software. All you do is enter the data online into the fields provided.
- Secure– the Web Forms online service will let you:
- file original, additional, amended, and cancelled slips directly from the CRA Web site;
- create an electronic information return;
- validate data in real time, with prompts to correct errors before filing;
- calculate the totals for the summary; and
- save and print slips.
- Fast – immediately after you securely submit your encrypted return over the Internet, you will get a confirmation of receipt.
To use the Web Forms
You should receive your access code for the Web Forms application by the end of January. If you have not received or have misplaced your Web access code, you can retrieve it online.
You can also file your information return through the My Business Account service using either Web Forms or the Internet file transfer application without a Web access code. My Business Account will keep you up to date by allowing you to check the status of your return, view your account balance and transactions, and more.