Canada – Following its successful Canadian introduction last year, Flip Video™ introduced its full line of easy-to-use, portable camcorders into Canada today. With both high-definition and standard-resolution models, the complete line offers consumers the simplest and most affordable way to capture and share high quality video. Canadians can now enjoy the all-new Flip Ultra™ and UltraHD, as well as the remarkably slim and customizable Flip Mino™ and MinoHD.
“Flip Video has changed the way people capture and share video because it makes it simple, accessible and fun for everyone,” said Jonathan Kaplan, senior vice president and general manager of the Consumer Business Group at Cisco, which recently acquired Pure Digital Technologies, makers of Flip Video products. “The arrival of the complete Flip Video line, along with our FlipShare™ software, means that Canadians can now capture and share their stories with ease, even in stunning HD quality.”
The full expansion into Canada builds on Flip Video’s strong momentum in the U.S., with more than two million units sold in less than two years in market. The Flip Ultra has been the number-one selling camcorder in the U.S. since it debuted in 2007, while the Flip MinoHD, launched last November, is currently the top-selling HD camcorder in the U.S., both according to first quarter 2009 rankings from leading market research firm The NPD Group.
The all-new, second-generation Flip Ultra and UltraHD camcorders set a new standard for convenient and affordable video capture. Both new models offer a full two hours of recording capacity, a bright two-inch transflective screen for easy viewing even in direct sunlight, and an innovative AA rechargeable battery pack that can be conveniently recharged through the camera’s built-in USB arm.
Also available for the first time in Canada are the slim and powerful Flip Mino and MinoHD camcorders. The ultimate accessories for the social networking generation, the Flip Mino and MinoHD deliver Flip Video’s signature simplicity in a size smaller than most cell phones.
The Flip Mino and MinoHD are the first “designable” camcorders available in Canada. Using Flip Video’s unique personalization platform, consumers can choose from thousands of professional designs or create their own at The Flip. Additionally, consumers have the option to share their designs and earn commissions for themselves or non-profit causes. This free service will be available in Canada online through The Flip starting in mid-June 2009.
FlipShare – The Other Half of the Fun
All Flip Video camcorders are pre-installed with FlipShare, the breakthrough software that enables users to organize, edit and share their videos seamlessly. Consumers can plug the camcorder’s signature flip-out USB arm into any Mac or PC to access FlipShare’s simple drag-and-drop interface for immediate video sharing via email or direct upload to YouTube™, MySpace™, and other popular video sharing sites.
Where to Find Flip Video Camcorders in Canada
Amazon.ca, Best Buy, BestBuy.ca, FutureShop.ca, ca.TheFlip.com (mid-June), Wal-Mart and other leading retailers
Flip Mino and Flip MinoHD Camcorder Features
– Flip Mino: $219.99 – Flip MinoHD: $279.99
60 minutes of video
– Flip Mino: 2GB of built-in memory – Flip MinoHD: 4GB of built-in memory
– Flip Mino: Full VGA-quality video (640 x 480) – Flip MinoHD: HD 720p (1280 x 720)
– No-glare display (1.5″)
– Sealed, rechargeable lithium-ion battery
Flip Ultra and Flip UltraHD Camcorder Features
– Flip Ultra: $179.99 – Flip UltraHD: $249.99
120 minutes of video
– Flip Ultra: 4GB of built-in memory – Flip UltraHD: 8GB of built-in memory
– Flip Ultra: Full VGA video at 30FPS progressive scan
– Flip UltraHD: HD 720p (1280 x 720)
– No-glare display (2″)
– Flip Ultra: 2 x AA (optional rechargeable AA battery pack sold separately)
– Flip UltraHD: 2 x AA (rechargeable AA battery pack included)
– Flip Ultra: Black, White, Yellow and Pink
– Flip UltraHD: Black, White (with chrome trim)
– On-board application installs directly when connected to any PC or Mac
– Drag-and-drop interface for easy browsing, playback, organizing and video archiving
– Integrated online video publishing to YouTube™ and MySpace™
– Free, private emailing of videos and video greeting cards
– Custom movie editing, with the option to use your own music and add titles/credits
– Capture still photos from any standard or high definition video
– Order DVDs online and have them shipped anywhere in the world
– TV connection for instant viewing (cable included)
– Tripod mount