The Banff World Media Festival (BANFF) is proud to feature international leaders in Kids & Animation! Examining the thriving and evolving kids, animation and family entertainment media landscape, this year’s BANFF program will explore cutting edge topics including:
- innovations in technology being implemented into Kids content;
- evolving business models and brand integration
- the future of traditional and digital distribution platforms
The Kids Keynote Series will include exclusive presentations from some of the world’s leading executives in children’s content. Featuring perspectives from Australia, the United States, and the United Kingdom, this Series will highlight global trends in kids’ entertainment. Speakers will include:
- Deirdre Brennan – Head of Children’s TV, Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- Michael Carrington – CEO, Zodiak Kids Studios
- Rick Haskins – EVP Marketing & Digital Services, The CW
- DHX Media – An exclusive conversation with Canada’s newest children’s broadcaster – Valerie Creighton, President and CEO of Canada Media Fund, hosts an exclusive conversation between Steven DeNure, President and Chief Operating Officer of DHX Media, and Joe Tedesco, SVP and GM of DHX Television.
- International Co-productions With Disney – Disney is one of the world’s most beloved children and family entertainment companies with their finger on the pulse of what kids want to watch. They’ve built much of their success on international partnerships through co-production and co-financing deals. BANFF is bringing together a group of international Disney executives to share their expert insight into building fruitful international partnerships.
Entertainment For The Whole Family:
With analytics pushing a growing trend towards demographic nichification, there’s been a major loss in content that can bring the whole family together. Storytellers are exploring new ways to entertain both children and their parents simultaneously, so we’ve assembled this expert group to discuss the future of family programming and how to promote content that engages audiences across multiple generations.
- Adam Bonnett – EVP Original Programming, Disney Channel
- Sarah Davies – SVP Production & Development, Discovery Family
- Christopher Keenan – VP Global Entertainment, HIT Entertainment
- Kim Wilson – Creative Head of Children’s Programming, CBC
Spotlight On The Next Step: This session will bring together the producer, broadcaster and brands that have been integrated into the hugely successful series, The Next Step. This deep dive discussion will explore the relationship between story and brand, and provide an outline for how to successfully build your content into a fully immersive brand.
Interactive Childrens’ Content: The kids market is often the testing ground for new technology, so leading technologists are making huge leaps into interactive content through gaming, active storytelling, virtual reality, and much more. Join this forward-thinking conversation featuring some of the celebrated, Emmy-award winning creative leaders that are taking engaging children’s entertainment into the future! Speakers will include:
Make sure to register now to experience the future of children’s entertainment today.