At its 2013 Enterprise World conference in Orlando, Florida, Enterprise Information Management (EIM) solutions provider OpenText™ announced the release of two new secure messaging services designed to help organizations share information easily in a secure and integrated cloud environment. Secure Mail and Secure MFT (Managed File Transfer) are new messaging solutions that support information exchange processes, enhance productivity, shorten transaction cycles, and improve customer communication – all while helping to strengthen compliance, data sovereignty and security measures.
Heightened concerns over security and compliance combined with global demands for information sharing are driving organizations to examine their information exchange methods for productivity, security and compliance gaps. Today’s methods for sharing information are fragmented and can include a combination of unsecure systems such as email, FTP servers, unmanaged consumer cloud sharing services and mailing of physical media such as USB drives. These ad-hoc, fragmented solutions are resource-intensive, not user friendly, and unable to provide the level of security and auditing needed to meet today’s compliance requirements.
“Organizations need easy, integrated, and trusted solutions to support all business information exchange processes both inside and outside of the organization,” said Gary Weiss, senior vice president, Information Exchange and Cloud, OpenText. “Today’s release of an integrated set of secure messaging services is a milestone toward realizing our vision of exchanging information between anyone, anywhere, in any format. No matter the distance or the device, securely exchanging information should be easy for the user and flexible to meet their changing environments.”
Secure Mail is a cloud-based secure messaging solution for encrypting, tracking and preventing the leakage of confidential information. Combined with Secure MFT, a managed file transfer solution for the secure sharing of large files, users can quickly and easily send secure messages with attachments of any size from standard desktop tools such as all browsers, mobile clients, and email applications. Each service is designed to support the flexible and efficient exchange of information, while instilling confidence that the information is accessible and secure.
This release delivers a single, unified interface for messaging services for secure mail and managed file transfer. Key features include:
- Secure Messaging – Protect emails and attachments with enterprise level encryption and password protection
- Large File Acceleration – Transfer very large files up to 80x times quicker than traditional methods through our patent-pending Storm protocol
- Data Loss Prevention – Control the type of information that leaves the organization and prevent unintended disclosure
- Real-time Audit Trail – Track every event in the e-mail lifecycle after it leaves your outbox with a patented delivery slip
- Desktop, Mobile and System Integrations – Leverage everyday tools, such as Outlook or any business system, for a seamless user experience
- Extensive API’s –Integrate secure messaging services directly into existing applications and processes
The new products are architected around a platform of integrated cloud services which help organizations quickly adopt secure messaging services as needed, to support the goal of meeting corporate and sovereignty guidelines. As business requirements expand, additional messaging services can quickly be deployed as part of this integrated suite. OpenText Secure Mail and OpenText Secure MFT are available immediately from OpenText and select partners.
OpenText has also unveiled OpenText™ Extended ECM for Oracle® E-Business Suite. This unique application combines the power of the new OpenText Content Suite with Oracle E-Business Suite. It enables businesses to bring Oracle ERP content and processes together with Enterprise Content Management (ECM) to help improve business functions with strong information management, governance, and discovery. This new application forms a foundation for interoperability between Oracle E-Business Suite processes and other OpenText EIM offerings aimed at enhancing productivity and process velocity across the enterprise.
“Today’s CIO understands the importance of leveraging enterprise information throughout all platforms and systems to drive their agenda of innovation and growth,” said Lynn Elwood, vice president, ECM product marketing, OpenText. “With OpenText Extended ECM for Oracle E-Business Suite, customers can unite the worlds of ERP and ECM into a single solution, helping to reduce the risks and costs associated with records mismanagement, and increasing information worker productivity.”
While many businesses have the technology and processes in place to leverage structured data, capitalizing on unstructured data – that frequently lives in disparate locations – can be an expensive, slow and error-riddled task. This new offering combines Oracle E-Business Suite, which manages structured data, with the OpenText Content Suite, which helps manage unstructured data, so that relevant information – regardless of type or source – is together in context and properly governed throughout the process. Built upon the proven OpenText Content Suite, OpenText Extended ECM for Oracle E-Business Suite can boost productivity, while helping to reduce information governance risks.
“OpenText and Oracle are continuously innovating to provide our joint customers with a better and more secure way to conduct business,” said David Hicks, Vice President, Worldwide ISV,OEM, and Java Business Development, Oracle. “OpenText, a Platinum level member of OPN, offers extensive experience on the use of key Oracle technologies and platforms to support their product development.”
OpenText Extended ECM for Oracle E-Business Suite manages virtually all forms of content throughout its lifecycle combining secure, automated capture, storage, and organization of documents with archiving and records management functionality.
The OpenText Extended ECM for Oracle E-Business Suite offers the following features:
- Comprehensive ECM: OpenText Extended ECM for Oracle E-Business Suite is a complete application that gives users the power to manage content associated with business objects, while complementing the existing Oracle E-Business Suite applications to manage their transaction-centric processes and content.
- Business Workspaces: Connects transactional data to users and content inside and outside of Oracle regardless of where or how the user is working (i.e., email, browser, etc.). Structured collaboration, fast navigation and information search also make managing the lifecycle of contextual information easier, as users can work together in their preferred environment.
- Universal Access: Helps users to retrieve business-related documents from virtually any location with their preferred user interface, whether it’s Oracle E-Business Suite, an Oracle Application Development Framework based application or an Oracle Forms based user interface.
- Information Governance: OpenText ECM and Records Management help businesses to manage the lifecycle of electronic and physical documents and records in accordance with internal policies and regulation requirements.
- Archive: OpenText Archive helps ensure that information is stored with optimal speed, cost effectiveness, is highly secured and is retained on appropriate media for short, medium or long term archival.
OpenText Extended ECM for Oracle E-Business Suite will be available from OpenText worldwide in English beginning in March 2014. Other languages will be offered shortly afterwards.