Real-time bidding (RTB) is revolutionizing digital ads, enabling marketers to reach millions of online consumers across tens of thousands of websites with highly focused content. The challenge is ensuring that those ads only appear on sites that are appropriate to the marketer’s brand. A new case study examines how Australian company Funbox is using the SiteScout self-serve RTB platform to balance split-second media buying decisions with robust brand safety in order to deliver the most impact for online advertisers. The full Funbox case study is available online.
Funbox serves as a brand safe real-time trading company, offering automated media buying services to brand advertisers and agencies, which extend across display, mobile, video and social channels. The company has remained technology agnostic, providing the flexibility to combine the latest and best possible platforms available to guarantee optimal results for clients. For more than two years, one of those platforms has been SiteScout.
Funbox Case Study
The new case study explores the factors that led Funbox to choose SiteScout as a demand-side platform for RTB. It examines how Funbox’s own Advive platform works with SiteScout’s whitelisting and blacklisting functionality to validate websites and ensure brand safety for Funbox’s clients. Key benefits that Funbox has realized with SiteScout include:
- SiteScout’s real-time performance means that Funbox can respond to ad opportunities with highly targeted campaigns in less than one-tenth of a second.
- Managing some 15 billion ad impressions each day, the SiteScout platform provides Funbox with the breadth of inventory to achieve campaign volume and maximize ROI.
- Features in the SiteScout platform enable Funbox to optimize its ad bidding based on data about each ad impression.
- SiteScout’s domain targeting feature, which enables whitelisting and blacklisting functionality, helps to significantly automate the process of verifying websites.
- SiteScout’s ability to serve both Web and mobile advertising supports Funbox’s multi-channel media buying strategy.
“We started working with SiteScout a couple years ago, and we’ve been using them ever since because they deliver on what they promise,” said Wout Van Damme, Funbox CEO. “The speed of real-time reporting with SiteScout is exceptional and, to date, quite unique. The whitelisting feature has become an important component of our brand protection efforts, and the SiteScout team is very agile and quick to respond, which helps us to deliver more value to our clients.”
“With its roots as a performance advertiser, Funbox understands first-hand how appearing on the right sites is just as important as reaching consumers with the right offers,” said Paul Mokbel, SiteScout founder and CEO. “We’re excited to see Funbox’s success in using the SiteScout RTB platform to reach brand-safe Web pages, optimize campaigns, and achieve the goals of their clients. And we look forward to supporting Funbox in building on its momentum as a premier provider of multi-channel media buying services.”