Enterprise Information Management (EIM) OpenText™ have unveiled OpenText Media Management 7.2 – an enterprise software solution that empowers entertainment and media companies to securely streamline their digital media creation, publishing and distribution processes. It is the industry’s first Digital Asset Management (DAM) solution to deliver embedded file transfer acceleration technology, allowing users to securely send and receive massive media files up to 80 times faster than traditional methods.
The company also announced OpenText Portal for Media Management – a cost-efficient add-on feature that allows customers to create branded, customized, web-based and mobile portals for users who need to view and consume content within the OpenText Media Management asset repository without being professional media editors.
Every day, entertainment and media companies suffer costly delays as a result of inefficient DAM and slow, unreliable file sharing technologies. While the creation and distribution of a single digital media asset frequently involves teams of people working across departments, organizations and geographies, many of those teams have adopted disparate DAM technologies over time. Compounding the issue, digital media file sizes are only growing larger. A photo or graphic file is easily hundreds of megabytes, and high-definition video in high-end digital formats – such as 2K, 4K and 3-dimensional – are hundreds of gigabytes. Exchanging files between media centers for work in progress, review and distribution via traditional technologies – such as FTP and HTTP or by shipping hard drives – can waste dozens of hours and subject IP to increased security risks.
Addressing these problems, OpenText Media Management features integrated capabilities that connect all key stakeholders to their processes and related content in a fast, secure and scalable solution that eliminates inefficient silos. More complete than any offering on the market, this functionality increases workplace productivity and ROI for the management of all digital media assets across the enterprise, from digital media creation to multi-channel, multi-platform distribution.
“Our customers strive to create content that can be easily repurposed, reused, reformatted and transformed for use across multiple platforms and devices,” said Kevin Cochrane, OpenText’s CMO. “The latest release of OpenText Media Management meets these demands by providing integrated tools for world-class digital asset management of video, audio, images and all of your digital media files throughout the enterprise. Integrated into the entire digital marketing and distribution process, Media Management 7.2 ensures a highly compelling and impactful customer experience.”
OpenText Media Management 7.2 delivers robust features and benefits:
- Embedded OpenText Managed File Transfer allows users to send and receive files up to 80 times faster than traditional methods, arming users with file encryption for added security to protect valuable media assets. It also provides flexible auto-resume and an audit track feature to ensure integrity of transferred files.
- Digital marketing and collaboration capabilities bridge creative production centers, operational execution, and distribution areas to increase productivity and lower costs.
- OpenText Media Management’s workflow engine improves efficiencies by automating repetitive tasks and providing task assignment, task status updates and notifications.
- A central repository reduces the risk of inconsistent branding and loss of valuable IP, as it enables personnel to manage, organize, search, audit and track and report on all digital assets.
- Connector to Adobe® Drive provides Media Management integration with Adobe® Creative Suite® 6 (CS6), enabling users to perform asset management functions without switching applications.
- Compatibility with OpenText Customer Experience Management product suite enables dynamic two-way integration and the ability to publish to OpenText Web Experience Management, Customer Communication Management, and other OpenText EIM solutions for consistent branding and publishing of digital media to multiple channels.
The optional OpenText Portal for Media Management add-on allows individuals inside or outside the firewall to view, search, browse and download digital assets from a customizable, web-based browser. This means organizations can more easily, cost-efficiently and securely share content with a much broader population of users internally and with partners such as agencies to further streamline review and distribution processes. Customers can also selectively share content with their end-customers and create custom, branded portals to give consumers specialized views with multiple navigation features. To address today’s mobility demands, the Portal for Media Management is accessible via tablets and mobile devices.
OpenText Media Management 7.2 will be showcased at NAB Show® 2013 in Las Vegas, Nevada from April 8–11 (Booth N5611). On Tuesday, April 9, from 10:30am–12:30pm join OpenText in rooms N231/233 in the North Hall for two very informative sessions:
- Session 1: Collaborative Review in Creative Operations Management, featuring ConceptShare
- Session 2: Accelerated File Transfer for Media Management
For further information on these sessions and to request meetings with OpenText at NAB Show® 2013, please see the OpenText event page.
OpenText Media Management 7.2 and the OpenText Portal for Media Management are immediately available from OpenText, as well as through OpenText’s global partners.