McGraw-Hill Ryerson announced yesterday that it is bringing its leading curricula and instructional expertise to Apple’s iPad® by making two of its popular high school titles available on the iBookstore. The initial list of McGraw-Hill Ryerson titles that can be downloaded from the iBookstore includes Remix, A Revolution in Text Forms – a title from the acclaimed Canadian English iLit series – and Biology 12. Students, teachers and schools wishing to purchase Biology 12 will be able to do so on a unit-by-unit basis. The launch of these titles builds upon McGraw-Hill Ryerson’s reputation as a leading developer of digital solutions for today’s classrooms.
By combining the power of iPad with McGraw-Hill Ryerson’s rich and dynamic content, the two companies have created endless possibilities for learning and engaging students. Not only do McGraw-Hill Ryerson’s iBooks textbooks offer all the great content of the company’s print resources, they include a wide array of features, such as:
- Interactive images and 3D animations—Students tap images to zoom, reveal information or rotate objects so they get multiple perspectives.
- Panel slide-show presentations—These supplemental slideshows include highly interactive animations and additional content.
- Multimedia full-screen video and animations.
- Interactive questions—Students test their knowledge by answering questions and getting immediate feedback.
- Additional features—Including interactive glossary terms, photo galleries, author audio files, key term search and bookmarking.
“Making learning more accessible, personalized and engaging is critical to making sure that our students are prepared for the global knowledge economy,” said David Swail, president of McGraw-Hill Ryerson. “We’re excited to bring our renowned content and pedagogy to iPad to deliver powerful learning experiences that meet the evolving needs of Canadian classroom teachers and students.”