The Dominion of Canada General Insurance Company has launched a free Mobile App designed and developed by Olson Mobile. Most insurance apps benefit the insurance company acting as a mobile way to streamline the claims process. The Dominion takes a refreshing new spin on this technology offering quick, easy-to-understand insurance guidance that will help mitigate preventable damage or worse, avoidable injury either on the road following a car accident, at home amidst a basement flood or other claims emergency.
Perhaps the biggest advantage is the App’s focus on connecting consumers to the right people and places, ensuring they are not being taken advantage of at a time when they are vulnerable.
“With fraudulent claims activity on the rise in Canada, The Dominion is working to help consumers put it to an end”, says Shelagh Paul, Vice President, Corporate Communications, The Dominion. “Knowing where to tow a vehicle after a crash, knowing what to sign and what not to sign or who to call to ensure the claim is in the right hands from the start is critical information that every consumer should have with them at all times”.
Sure, there are other Apps out there – The Dominion’s App is Different:
- This App is about getting the consumer the help they need when an emergency strikes, not about streamlining the claims process.
- This App teams the insurer with the broker to provide assistance and contact information needed in a claims emergency. Once the App is downloaded, the simple entry of a unique broker code will automatically populate the App with the broker contact information and brand.
- This App goes beyond auto claims situations; assistance is also available to policyholders for a property claims situation.
- It is one of the only insurance-based Apps available on all 3 platforms: Blackberry, iPhone and Android.
App benefits include:
- The right first steps to take after a car collision.
- What to do immediately in a claims situation at home: water, fire or theft.
- Enabling consumers to make smart choices in claims situations including access to screened and trusted repair facilities – GPS enabled in case you are away from home.
- A fillable collision checklist – guiding the consumer through the important information to collect after a collision making sure nothing is overlooked in the moment. This checklist can be saved or emailed -it’s easy.
- Away from home? Assistance in finding local hospitals, gas stations, towing services and more.
“We are thrilled to have had the opportunity to work with The Dominion on this project,” said Michael Carter, President of Olson Mobile. “This mobile application is a first for the Canadian insurance industry and we truly believe that it is representative of The Dominion’s commitment to serving both its brokers and its customers.”