The National Film Board of Canada is proud to introduce PixStop – a versatile, intuitive app that makes it easier than ever to shoot and score your very own stop-motion animation film. Designed for the iPad 2, the PixStop app captures as many as 10,000 images to create mini masterpieces up to 13 minutes long. Novice-friendly features, helpful tutorials and intuitive controls make this the perfect tool for first-time stop-motion animators and a great mobile tool for more advanced users too.
Inspired by the stop-motion animation workshops offered at the Toronto Mediatheque and Montreal CineRobotheque, the PixStop offers budding filmmakers a fun way to discover the art of stop-motion animation.
Easy to use
• Ages 10 and up
• Creative and educational
• Kid-friendly interface
• 3 short tutorials to get you started
• Sample movie included to fire up your imagination
• Help window to explain all app functions
Built for endless hours of fun
• Snap up to 10,000 images per film
• Add cool music from your iTunes library
• Adjust the speed of your film in an instant
• Delete images with one touch
• Personalize with titles and descriptions for easy reference
Just shoot and share – easily export to your camera roll and share with your friends on YouTube or by e-mail.
Tutorials by NFB experts include:
1. Three Principles of Animation
2. Creating a Flipbook
3. Storyboarding Your Idea
To complement your use of this app, you can visit the NFB’s StopMoStudio, a comprehensive online stop-motion animation workshop. You can also watch hundreds of animated films from the famous NFB collection at NFB.ca or by downloading our NFB Films App today.