Popular children’s website ZimmerTwins has launched a new site aimed at teachers and students, bundling the fun moviemaker children love with new teacher-friendly class management tools and privacy settings designed specifically for use in the classroom. To celebrate the launch of the site teachers can sign up for a one-month VIP subscription free of charge. Your subscription will not auto-renew, and you are not obliged to make any purchase. Offer expires November 30th.“We love that teachers have adopted the Zimmer Twins in their classes. The new educational version of the Zimmer Twins wouldn’t be possible without their support.” Says Jason Krogh, co-creator of the Zimmer Twins. “The Zimmer Twins at School makes it even easier for teachers to integrate online storytelling in their lessons.”
The site’s movie-making tool is designed around elements of sentence structure and creative expression, which reinforces reading and writing skills. Over the years the site has animated countless ESL and elementary English lessons. With a wide assortment of characters, props, and settings, Zimmer Twins animations enhance almost any curriculum subject including media literacy, online safety and citizenship, history, social studies, and the environment.
Registration for Zimmer Twins at School costs nothing. A basic membership allows teachers to set up five student accounts, and create up to twelve movies. Zimmer Twins at School VIP memberships unlock the full potential of the site for $9.95 USD per month or $89.95 USD per year.
VIP memberships include:
• Classrooms with 1 teacher and 40 student accounts.
• Individual password protected accounts for each student.
• Password administration by teachers, no need to rely on 3rd party customer support services
• Gated communities – Movies published on Zimmer Twins at School are only visible to other members of the class group.
• Unlimited movies for every user.
• Edit and resave your movies.
• Open comments and ratings for students and teachers.
• Teachers can write blog posts, polls, and select featured movies.
With its emphasis on media production skills, online citizenship and collaborative production Zimmer Twins at School prepares students to be digital citizens of the 21st century.
The Zimmer Twins is an Emmy award-winning site devoted to kids and creative storytelling. Since 2005, children have used the original Zimmer Twins to create and share more than one million animated movies.