A new iPhone application developed by Gaptel Innovative Solutions called Stoon Ride allows Saskatoon transit bus riders to view all bus routes, stop locations and times for the city of Saskatoon. In order to strive to give users up to date bus route and stop information, this app will from time to time utilize user’s data plan to obtain such info as needed. Although Stoon Ride is not an official product of Saskatoon Transit, the data was obtained from the public domain of the Saskatoon Transit site.
Features of the Stoon Ride iPhone application include:
- view all buses and their schedules
- search by stop number
- search stops by street name
- add your stops and bus routes to favorites
- read up to date information from the city of Saskatoon on City Tweet
- view downtown route map
- instantly report bugs and provide feedback about the app
- information on how to contact Saskatoon transit
- automated data refresh and the ability to manually refresh data for greater accuracy
“Your bus riding experience will never be the same again,” said Soji Oyenuga, CEO of Gaptel Innovative Solutions Inc. Available in the iPhone App Store, Stoon Ride iPhone application gives transit riders the ability to know what bus, which stop and when (time); in the palm of their hands. Similar app for android and blackberry smart phone will be launched soon.