Best Buy Canada has announced the pre-sale of the new HP TouchPad tablet at Best Buy stores across Canada. This is HP’s first webOS tablet, available with the option of 16GB or 32GB of internal storage – user-available storage subject to change based on system software and application usage. It will be available to purchase in-store at Best Buy on July 15th, and customers who pre-order the HP TouchPad through Best Buy will receive 6X Reward Zone points.
HP TouchPad is part of a growing family of webOS devices designed to keep people better connected. With webOS, HP TouchPad users have a next-level multitasking experience, integrated access to their information with HP Synergy, the ability to find information on the device or the web using the Just Type feature, and unobtrusive notifications. TouchPad is a productivity powerhouse that also offers access to the cloud and entertainment, including movies, TV shows, games, photos, books, magazines and premium audio playback with stereo speakers and Beats Audio™ technology.
Key Features of the HP TouchPad:
- HP’s first webOS tablet – facilitates easy multi-tasking and organizing
- 16GB for $519.99; 32GB for $619.99
- Just Type feature – start an email, message or status update without launching an app – just start typing
- HP Synergy – Sync contacts, calendars, email and photos with sources like Facebook and Google. (Within wireless coverage area only. Microsoft Exchange email, contacts, and calendars available for ActiveSync only; requires Microsoft Outlook using Exchange Server 2003 with SP2, Exchange Server 2007, or Exchange Server 2010.)
- HP exclusive Touch to Share capability (Touch to Share capabilities require TouchPad with webOS 3.0 and Pre3 (pending availability) or Veer (requires future over the air update) with webOS 2.2 or higher. Viewing URL web page content requires data connection via Wi-Fi or cellular connection.)
- Supports Adobe® Flash Player® and HTML 5
Other information about TouchPad use:
- Internet access within wireless coverage area only. Wi-Fi within range of 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi network. Some Wi-Fi hotspots may require fee for usage. Not all web content may be available. Email and related information required for setup and activation.
- Third-party software available separately. Within wireless coverage area only. Requires data services at additional cost. Not all apps available on all devices.