Ottawa – Playbrains, an independent game development studio specializing in the digital download arena, are proud to announce that the PC version of Madballs in…Babo:Invasion (MiBI) has released today via the Steam digital download service for $9.99.
The spiritual successor to the massively popular freeware top-down Shooter BaboViolent2, Madballs in Babo:Invasion is an arena based 3D shooter offering players a satisfying and immersive experience in both single-player and multiplayer, including ‘Invasion Mode’ where players are able to design their own combat maps almost instantaneously by placing a combination of map tiles to create a never-before-seen map before gameplay starts. Truly, no two games are ever the same.
Featuring the recently re-released Madballs™ characters, Oculus Orbus™ and Horn Head™, from the popular 1980’s toys best remembered for their outrageously bad looks and graphically colourful names, Madballs in…Babo: Invasion is a gameplay rich, feature laden ‘casually hardcore’ action shooter which is also that rarest of gaming commodities; a genuinely unique title.
Some of the outstanding review scores and quotes lavished upon the recent Xbox LIVE Arcade release:
“…an impressive title for the XBLA system.” Team Xbox.com – 8/10
“Surprisingly slick with excellent online play.” UK Official Xbox Magazine – 8/10
“…Madballs in…Babo: Invasion is both a pleasing nostalgia trip and a surprisingly deep arcade shooter.” Computer & Videogames.com – 8/10
“…Madballs fully deserves a place among the finer titles on XBLA.” EDGE Magazine – 7/10
• Single Player – Hours of repeatable gameplay through 10 epic levels
• 2-4 Player Online Co-op – challenge individual campaign levels with your friends or play the whole campaign in ‘Enduro’ mode
• 16 Player Multiplayer – 21 maps to match all game sizes
• ‘Invasion’ Mode – the signature mode of the game, players take turns placing map tiles to create a unique multiplayer map prior to each match
• Classes – 10 character classes (each with 2 special abilities) over two warring factions, with each faction having 5 unique weapons each with two distinct firing modes
• Madballs Characters – Oculus Orbus™ and Horn Head™ from the infamous 80’s toy craze as in-game characters
• 5 Archetypes – Assault, Heavy, Runner, Flyer, Support
• Deployables – active (rocket turrets) or passive (healing towers) can be placed in Invasion mode
• Unlocks and Secrets – 50 unlocks and 50 Secrets to find during campaign gameplay
• Action – emphasis on fast-paced, visceral action that is easy to pick and play, yet offers a real strategic challenge for hardcore gamers