Intelligent broadband network solutions provider for fixed and mobile operators Sandvine has announced the launch of Usage Management release 5.0, which offers new capabilities to help both fixed and mobile communications service providers (CSPs) create, manage and implement new service plan offerings. Sandvine Usage Management is currently powering service innovation for more than 100 CSPs worldwide, and this latest release provides several next generation features that will benefit both operators and subscribers, including:
- Prevents subscribers residing in border regions from experiencing bill shock caused by accidental roaming charges
- Patent-pending dynamic online charging system (OCS) selection for networks with multiple OCS deployments ensures a subscriber’s data usage is recognized as domestic until the instant they actually cross a geographical border
- Immediate event charging allows subscribers to be billed directly for content such as live sports streaming
- Simplifies an operator’s ability to enable sponsored connectivity and generate new sources of revenue from content providers
- New ability to quickly and easily manage quota for prepaid and postpaid subscribers through ServiceDesigner’s drag-and-drop graphical user interface
- Reduces the timeline for service plan creation from months to days, allowing insight gained from Sandvine Network Analytics to be acted upon rapidly
“For operators who are serious about differentiating themselves in the market, our latest version of Usage Management provides the ability to roll out a wealth of innovative use cases with ease,” said Don Bowman, CTO, Sandvine.