The recipients of the 2013/14 Interactive Fund and Arts Innovation Fund were announced yesterday by Creative BC. The Interactive Fund is a program created in partnership between Creative BC and the BC Arts Council intended to support the production of high quality, original, interactive digital media content and software applications owned and controlled by BC companies or individuals. Funding is in the form of a non-recoupable advance of up to $50,000. This year’s successful applicants are as follows:
- Puddle Tap Publishing Ltd.
- Sean Embury
- The Goggles
- Matter Creative Inc.
- Media One Multimedia Inc.
- SkyMark Media Inc.
- 8 Leaf Digital Productions Inc.
- Interfilm Productions Inc.
- Hybridity Media Inc.
The Arts Innovation Fund is a partnership between Creative BC and the BC Arts Council intended to encourage arts and culture organizations to collaborate with digital media creators to engage audiences in new and innovative ways. Funding is in the form of a non-recoupable advance of up to $25,000.
This year’s successful applicants are as follows:
- Alley Theatre
- PuSh International Performing Arts Festival
- Victoria Conservatory of Music (VCM)
- Art Gallery of Greater Victoria
- The Only Animal Theatre Society
- Vancouver Art Gallery
- Oxygen Art Centre (Nelson Fine Art Centre Society)
- MediaNet (Media Arts Centre)
Changes to Application Process: In an effort to stream line the tax credit application process, effective January 1st, 2014, Creative BC will no longer be accepting paper applications for tax credit certification. Please use the online application for all future tax credit applications.