In a new report available from Research And Markets, analysts forecast the Global Game Software market to grow at a CAGR of 10.04 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the innovation in audio-visual devices. The Global Game Software market has also been witnessing the increasing number of hardware platforms. However, the shifting of consumers to alternative gaming platforms could pose a challenge to the growth of this market. The report, the Global Game Software Market 2012-2016 has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the Americas, and the EMEA and APAC regions; it also covers the Global Game Software market landscape and its growth prospects in the coming years. The report also includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market.
Commenting on the report, an analyst from the team said: “The majority of software games developed caters to the hardware platforms developed by three major companies: Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo. These companies develop platforms such as Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U for the game software. These are multifunctional gaming consoles which not only support various games, but also enable gamers to watch videos, listen to music, browse the internet, and download videos. The success of the game software business is directly proportional to the acceptance of platforms by customers. As the number of platforms being developed is increasing, the demand for game software is also increasing, and this is expected to lead to the growth of the market during the forecast period.”
According to the report, the growth of the Global Gaming Software market is supported by several drivers, one of the major drivers being the increasing innovation of audio-visual devices. This has provided the latest games software with favorable platforms to run and has improved player satisfaction by providing them with a new experience. This increases the interest of the players and drives them to purchase more gaming software which, in turn, is helping with market growth.
Further, the report states that the major challenge faced by the global market is the shifting of consumers to alternative gaming platforms. The Global Gaming Software market is primarily driven by console, PC, and Mac games platforms. However, the shifting of customers to other platforms will decrease revenue generated from those products, and will also slow down the market.
The study was conducted using an objective combination of primary and secondary information including inputs from key participants in the industry. The report contains a comprehensive market and vendor landscape in addition to a SWOT analysis of the key vendors.
The key vendors dominating this market space are Activision Blizzard Inc., Electronic Arts Inc., Konami Corp., and Take-Two Interactive Software Inc. Other vendors mentioned in the report are Microsoft Corp., Nintendo Co. Ltd., Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., and Walt Disney Co.
Key questions answered in this report:
- What will the market size be in 2016 and what will the growth rate be?
- What are the key market trends?
- What is driving this market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the key vendors?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the key vendors?
You can request one free hour of a Research & Markets analyst’s time when you purchase this market report. Details are provided within the report.
02. Scope of the Report
- 02.1 Market Overview
- 02.2 Product Offerings
03. Market Research Methodology
- 03.1 Market Research Process
- 03.2 Research Design
- 03.3 Research Methodology
04. List of Abbreviations
06. Market Landscape
- 06.1 Market Overview
- 06.2 Market Size and Forecast
- 06.3 Five Forces Analysis
07. Market Segmentation by Product
- 07.1 Global Game Software Market by Product 2012
08. Market Segmentation by Distribution
- 08.1 Global Game Software Market by Distribution 2012
09. Geographical Segmentation
- 09.1 Global Game Software Market by Geographical Segmentation 2012-2016
- 09.2 Game Software Market in the APAC Region
- 09.3 Game Software Market in the EMEA Region
- 09.4 Game Software Market in the Americas
10. Key Leading Countries
- 10.1 USA
- 10.2 United Kingdom
- 10.3 Japan
11. Buying Criteria
12. Market Growth Drivers
13. Drivers and their Impact
14. Market Challenges
15. Impact of Drivers and Challenges
16. Market Trends
17. Trends and their Impact
18. Vendor Landscape
- 18.1 Competitive Scenario
- 18.2 Market Share Analysis 2012
19. Key Vendor Analysis
- 19.1 Activision Blizzard Inc.
- 19.2 Electronic Arts Inc.
- 19.3 Konami Corp.
- 19.4 Take-Two Interactive Software Inc.
20. Other Reports in this Series
- Electronic (Single User): EUR 1892
- Electronic (1 – 5 Users): EUR 2118
- Electronic (Enterprisewide): EUR 2648
Ordering – Three easy ways to place your order: