Vancouver’s Flying Helmet Games has launched a Kickstarter campaign for its cooperative role-playing adventure title Eon Altar, a project that blends the experience of classic tabletop gaming and modern video games into a Tabletop Video Game. Five friends fight through dungeons to uncover ancient secrets and compete for glory and wealth. Using personal handsets to control your character’s actions, with a tablet to adventure through dungeons as a group, players undertake a cinematic journey unlike anything ever before in a tabletop setting. The studio hopes to meet their goal of $300 000.00 in 31 days; at press time, they had raised just over $12 000.00.
Eon Altar Features Include:
- Cross Platform Connectivity across iOS, Android, and Win 8 devices
- Progress, customize, and control your character on your own personal smartphone device
- Select one of five playable heroes, and develop a team to descend into the Tarnum Caverns
- Engage in fast-paced, cinematic battles. Strategize with the group, or rush in alone
- Turn-based Exploration
- Central Tablet: shared by all players, is like a game board that tells the story. You use it to strategize, navigate, and succeed as a team. You explore the world and see exciting cinematic action in combat and challenges. The Central Tablet unites you, saving campaign progress as you descend, Adventure to Adventure.
- Handset: connect your own Smartphone as a Handset controller. Like a character sheet, or hand of cards, this is where you store your own character. You manage your character at any time – whether it’s your turn or not, control your character in combat and roll dice in Combat & Challenges. Only the Central Tablet needs the Adventure content. Any Handset can connect and play.
- The Adventure: Five legendary heroes arrive at the mountain fortress of Tarnum, where a cave is said to descend to the Eon Altar – the birthplace of man. Each believing they have come for their own purpose, mysterious forces compel them together, as mighty lords and ancient powers descend around them. These five heroes must learn to work together to defeat the trials below and discover their destinies at the Eon Altar, which is played in a series of modular Adventures, developed in an episodic structure, with new Adventures released every 4-6 weeks.
- Each of the Nine Adventures reveals new regions of the caverns, with a new environment, enemies and challenges – as well as a new set of Session Quests.
- Each Session Quest is a story, 20 – 90 minutes long, that can be finished in a gaming session.
- Completing multiple sessions unlocks new story on the journey to the Eon Altar