Big Blue Bubble’s hugely popular and critically-hailed My Singing Monsters is the winner of the Global Game Stars (GGS) competition at GMIC 2013, passing hundreds of other titles from around the world represented at the Silicon Valley technology conference this past Wednesday. The event kicked off Monday, October 21st, with three full days of seminars, panel discussions, and exhibitions, as well as talks from industry moguls and mobile specialists. The Global Game Stars competition was adjudicated by several major players, to include representatives from Onavo, PopCap, and Kabam, among others.
My Singing Monsters first received the distinction of a GGS Top 10 finalist, recognized alongside games from Canada, USA, Denmark, China and more. Directed by Big Blue Bubble CEO Damir Slogar, a demo of the game was presented in front of hundred of attendees at the Thought Leaders Stage. Following the presentation, My Singing Monsters was revealed as the winner of the competition.
“We were up against some really innovative games, but it’s great to walk away #1!” said Bryan Davis, Business Development Manager for Big Blue Bubble.
“It is an honour to be recognized once again by the industry for a game we’re very proud of,” said Slogar, referring to My Singing Monsters’ 2012 Digi Award for Best Mobile Game, finalist nomination in 2013 Canadian Videogame Awards, and other accolades. “Although numerous games from our portfolio have received awards, My Singing Monsters has managed to keep pace in both acclaim and great commercial success.”
Download the game everyone’s talking about:
- iTunes App Store for iOS devices -Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
- Google Play for Android devices – Requires Android OS 2.3 and up
- Amazon Store for Android devices
- Barnes & Noble for Nook
- Big Fish Games for PC – Version System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7
- CPU: 1.0 GHz
- RAM: 1024 MB
- DirectX: 9.0
- Hard Drive: 90 MB
- Game Manager System Requirements – Browser: Internet Explorer 7 or later
About My Singing Monsters:
Welcome to My Singing Monsters! A world inhabited by strange creatures for you to collect, breed, play and control. Marvel as your monstrous minions sing for you. They’ll hum, whistle, bounce and scream their hearts out! You have never seen an extraordinary game like this before.
My Singing Monsters is a world-building music game where you collect and breed your own adorable monster mash. Each monster has a unique song, sound and personality, allowing you to create your own digital monster orchestra. Breed them or purchase them at the shop and watch them sing, play and dance. Don’t forget to feed and level up your monsters to make them perform better. Each island has its own song and is packed full of incredibly cute monsters to entertain you.
My Singing Monsters is now MOGA Enhanced! Available at major retailers, carrier stores and online. My Singing Monsters is rated E for Everyone.
• 30+ epic and unreal monster species. Collect them all
• Combine your monsters to make new ones
• Amazing art, animation, and audio effects
• Gain levels to unlock more monsters and stuff
• Creative lush islands, each island having its own unique theme and monster environment
• Numerous decorations and structures that affect each monster
• Create unique landscapes and sound combinations
• 3D sound with many unique songs
• Quest-based tutorials for beginners
• Achievements and rewards
• More monsters, islands and music content coming every week
• Get social with Facebook and Twitter features
• Casual game with RPG and tap coin collection mechanics
• An awesome experience for all ages: children and adults
Populate an island and watch what happens. Create unique havens by landscaping and arranging your creatures. Name them, feed them, make them happy; each monster is loaded with personality. You’ll experience game play and music as never before with this innovative technology.
Top In-App Purchases
- Cup of Diamonds $1.99
- Bucket of Diamonds $4.99
- Coin Purse $0.99
- Treasure Chest $9.99
- Piggy Bank $1.99
- Bowl of Goodies $0.99
- Crate of Coins $4.99
- Picnic Basket $1.99
- Slop Trough $4.99
- Drum of Dough $9.99