In a bold new move, Premier Digital Publishing, in partnership with Gandolfo-Helin Literary Management, Producer Steve Ecclesine, and novelist Jonathan Ryan have announced the launch of an unprecedented film adaptation director contest. The “3 Gates of the Dead Filmmaker Competition” invites aspiring film directors from across the United States and Canada to enter the contest in one of two ways. Using the horror mystery novel “3 Gates of the Dead” by Jonathan Ryan, to be published October 15, 2013 in eBook and print by Premier Digital Publishing.
Applicants can enter by either:
- Creating a film adaptation trailer from the novel, or
- Selecting and filming one scene from the novel.
All participants will receive a free digital copy of the novel from Premier Digital Publishing. Submissions must be no less than two and a half minutes or more than six minutes in length. Unlike film festivals, there is no cost to the applicant to enter.
Finalists will be voted on by top industry professionals including:
- Michel Shane
- Sam Alexander
- Wendy Kram
- Jessica Cameron
The top ten submissions will receive global exposure via the internet and include fan based voting to select the winner of the prestigious “People’s Choice Award.”
The grand prize winner will receive:
- Round trip air travel from anywhere in the United States or Canada to Los Angeles
- Three nights’ hotel accommodation
- A behind the scenes insider tour of Warner Bros. studios
- A personal meeting with Sam Alexander, Director of Development, the Wolper Organization
- Introductions to leading managers and agents for possible representation opportunities
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age to enter, and all submissions must be received not later than the end of business on Saturday, November 30, 2013. Interested parties should go to the 3 Gates Of The Dead site to register and receive the ebook.