Vantrix, a Montreal-based provider of intelligent media delivery solutions to mobile network operators, announced the availability of Message Optimizer 12.1, a market-leading solution that optimizes MMS messages sent between mobile devices. Now leveraging the same platform as Vantrix’s flagship product, Bandwidth Optimizer, this new release delivers a number of capability enhancements and a long-term upgrade path to help operators maximize the performance, efficiency and revenue potential of their MMS offerings.
Capabilities and benefits of the new platform and release include:
- Flexible deployments – multiple implementation scenarios with MMSC platforms, including standalone, OEM, and virtualized configurations
- Increased efficiency – multithreaded transcoding and a highly scalable HTTP proxy.
- Centralized management framework – provides for faster deployment and management of multiple servers/sites, particularly for large-scale implementations.
- Enhanced metrics and reporting – expanded real-time metrics and multi-selection metric reporting.
- Antispam/Antivirus plugins – integrates with third party solutions for optimal network and subscriber protection.
- Application-to-Person (A2P) MMS acceleration – Smart Caching enables operators to efficiently execute high volume marketing campaigns.
“The MMS market is undergoing a lot of change,” said Don Vendetti, senior vice president of marketing and product management. “Message volumes are increasing even as vendors and operators deal with aging legacy equipment and declining revenues. They need new cost-effective upgrades to manage their traffic. Message Optimizer 12.1 is now part of our advanced optimization platform, benefiting from ongoing development and support, superior scalability and flexible implementation models. Vantrix continues to be the leader in this category.”