Digital commerce company Elastic Path Software has announced the immediate availability of Commerce Engine 6.7 and Cortex 1.7, the world’s most powerful software for monetizing digital customer experiences.
“The growing array of devices and touchpoints that make up a consumer’s digital life are creating new challenges for today’s enterprise,” said Harry Chemko, CEO of Elastic Path. “Most are struggling to deliver truly great digital experiences because they lack native monetization capability and a unified API strategy. Commerce Engine and Cortex focus on solving those problems, enabling digital CMOs to sell in unique ways that are perfectly suited to each digital experience.”
Commerce Engine is the industry’s most open and flexible platform for managing products, bundles, pricing, promotions, personalization, and subscription purchasing. It’s a commerce platform designed for online, mobile, wearable technology, and API-driven commerce. Elastic Path’s current customers are some of the world’s leading innovators in digital commerce, including Google, Sony, Virgin, Symantec, Louis Vuitton, Pearson, and others.
Cortex is breakthrough software for the API economy that unlocks the promise of commerce everywhere, a strategy for increasing revenue through ubiquitous interactions with customers. Gartner® has identified Elastic Path as a sample vendor in its October 2012 “Hype Cycle for Digital Marketing” report, alongside Adobe®, Amazon®, Facebook®, and IBM® in the Commerce Everywhere category.
Cortex accomplishes commerce everywhere by removing technical barriers and putting control into the hands of marketers and digital CMOs. Now, every resource within your enterprise is available at your fingertips to craft your digital experience, whether embedding commerce in a new touchpoint such as the textbook of the future, iPad® or Android™ magazine, mobile service, or Internet Retailer Top 50 website.
Commerce Engine and Cortex deliver five key benefits to the digital CMO:
- Unlocks the hidden treasure of digital experiences – Enables new business models, capabilities, and enables commerce everywhere offerings to be created across all digital touchpoints. This is the bedrock of a great digital customer experience.
- Brings native monetization to life – Native monetization extends the digital experience you want to deliver, determining what devices make sense for the experience, then layering commerce capabilities to support your business model.
- Freedom and agility for business owners – Cortex eliminates the need for designers and developers to have any knowledge of complex backend systems. Armed with Cortex, these teams—whether in-house, partners, or agencies—can now focus on what they do best: Building remarkable digital experiences that create business value.
- One view of the customer – Generates a single view of the customer as they shift between digital experiences, allowing marketers to avoid profile fragmentation that’s common with other platforms.
- More productive developers – Cortex is a patent-pending hypermedia engine that frees developers to create applications in just weeks, not months. It natively embeds commerce components in ways that make sense to your customer based on the device or application they are using.