Kelsey Ramsden, President of Belvedere Place Developments and Founder of Spark Play, will be in Kelowna on Thursday June 2oth and Friday, June 21st, 2013 to share her insights and random thoughts at two very different events hosted by TEDx and BDC. Named the #1 Female Business Woman of 2012 by Profit and Chatelaine’s W100 list, Kelsey is coming to Kelowna, a community she loves and who she helped build over the last decade, to encourage Business Owners and Business leaders to play again.
Crediting creativity and play for her unlikely rise to the top, from disinterested school girl to accomplished MBA to business mogul and mentor, she offers these thoughts on her success:
- I am not normal and once you understand why, you all will try and be less normal too
- As a society, both in education and in our daily adult lives, we’ve lost our ability to play – try to be in a state of play
- Everyone should incorporate the being of play into their lives, for themselves and for their children.
- The future is unconventional, coming faster than ever before, we need to be willing to be unconventional so that we do not become obsolete
- Only a mind in a state of play can derive truly unconventional solutions because from play comes confidence, independent thinking and creativity
“Speaking at BDC will be an enriching experience for me. I love to connect with a room full of fellow business-minded women and share my stores of triumph and failure, fear and fortune.” Says Kelsey of her whirlwind trip home, “…having been asked to present at TED is a mind blowing honour. I am excited to join some of the most ingenuitive thinkers of our time in presenting on a TED stage!”
Kelsey will be speaking at the BDC event on Thursday June 20th at 11am at Harvest Golf and Country Club (KLO Road). Later that day she will also be a featured speaker for the TEDx Conference taking place at Bottega (4485 Sallows Road) also on Thursday, June 20th from 12:30pm-5pm.