The Canada Media Fund (CMF) is making its way to the Banff World Media Festival to celebrate the talents and successes of Canadian content producers and to share the work the CMF is doing as a key industry partner. The CMF is one of the festival’s Grand Patrons and many of our team members will take an active part in sessions as panelists or experts. On Monday, June 10th, the CMF will host a series of must?see presentations that will explore various topics including:
- On behalf of industry partners for a National Promotion Strategy, Valerie Creighton, President and CEO of the Canada Media Fund, Carolle Brabant, Executive Director of Telefilm Canada, and Michael Hennessy, President and CEO of the Canadian Media Production Association will present highlights on the Strategy and announce a new brand to promote Canadian content
- Catalina Briceno, CMF Industry and Market Trends Director will present a research showcase of new industry research including a study on Aboriginal screen?based production and the official launch of a new crowdfunding resource tool
- Catalina Briceno will also present a showcase of various innovative Canadian projects that have changed the way audiences interact with television
- Stéphane Cardin, CMF VP, Industry and Public Affairs will present a session on CMF programs and how to apply to receive funding
- Stéphane Cardin will also take part in a masterclass to discuss strategies around developing, producing, funding and delivering original content targeted to young adult online audiences.
On Wednesday, June 12, Catalina Briceno will engage in a conversation with some of France and Canada’s biggest players in digital media as they discuss their co?venturing series. Join us during our presentations or at any time by following us on Twitter @CMF_FMC from June 9 until June 12 to find out how the CMF is engaging with the media industry in Canada.