Futurestate IT has announced the launch of SaaS based AppRX 3.0 dashboard that provides enterprises with “application intelligence” to rationalize their application portfolio, accelerate migration projects and mitigate the cost and risk of ongoing portfolio management.
“Businesses on the whole have neglected their application portfolios since Y2K which has lead to application bloat and inflated IT operational cost.” said Alex Topitsch, CEO Futurestate IT. He continued to explain that “AppRx 3.0 provides critical application intelligence that allows enterprises to tackle application bloat and significantly reduce their IT costs for both application migration and ongoing portfolio management.”
According to a survey by Harris Interactive, 82% of organizations polled said that monetary losses due to sprawled, unused, unresponsive or crashed applications cost their business anywhere from $10 thousand – $20 million per year.
AppRx 3.0 enables enterprises to identify redundant, unsupported and unused applications that are candidates for elimination, consolidation and modernization. By rationalizing the applications in their portfolio, enterprises are able to reduce operational costs, accelerate migration to new technology platforms like Windows 7/8, reduce downtime and ensure business productivity.
AppRx 3.0 Dashboard and New Features
SaaS platform – Accelerated insight
- SaaS platform requires no hardware/software installation, maintenance or support. Easily integrates with application desktop deployment and inventory management systems.
Application rationalization insight – Reduce the time and cost of migration projects
- Trim the scope of applications for migration with AppRx automated normalization and rationalization analysis. Identify application redundancy by version or function.
Migration readiness indicator – Understand work effort at a glance
- Real time migration status provides insight on applications that are compatible ‘as is’, upgradable or in need of testing. Test applications for Windows 7/8, Windows Server 2008/2012, and virtualization compatibility.
Customized reporting – Leverage empirical data to drive application migration decisions
- Easily configure rationalization and compatibility reports using customizable attributes for each department, user group or application portfolio.
Security alerting – Understand application vulnerabilities and upgrade options
- Security reports identify any application vulnerabilities, the severity of the exposure and the upgrade options to mitigate or eliminate the risk.
Compliance risk alerting – make critical business decisions
- Risk alerts monitor and ensure ongoing compliance with corporate policy regarding age, support status and security risk as application lifecycle changes occur.
AppRx 3.0 launching at MMS Las Vegas on Monday April 8th through to Thursday April 11th 2013