Enterprise Information Management developer OpenText™ has unveiled OpenText SecureiX, its newest Cloud Services offering designed to let organizations exchange messages and information in a trusted, integrated and collaborative cloud environment. OpenText SecureiX is the first of a new generation of Information Exchange solutions that aims to fulfill the vision of exchanging any information in any format on any device.
Today’s high risk environment demands an Information Exchange solution that protects valued content while enabling organizations to fully benefit from it. OpenText SecureiX, establishes a secure, two-way communication stream unlike any other application on the market. It is as easy to use as email, yet helps provide the security and audit trail that today’s corporations need to satisfy compliance requirements. The product can help users securely exchange messages and large files of any type inside or outside of their company’s network via the cloud. SecureiX’s intuitive user interface requires little to no training and as a cloud-based offering, reduces IT costs by moving complex information exchange infrastructure off premise.
“Inactive information is neither useful nor safe – the power of information comes from the ability to securely share it,” said OpenText CEO Mark J. Barrenechea. “The requirement for secure file transfer and collaboration continues to grow and mismanaged email poses serious security risks. SecureiX delivers upon our EIM strategy of offering the next evolution in enterprise communication and file delivery. As opposed to email’s transmission in clear text, data within SecureiX is traceable and encrypted at all times.”
- During file transfer and information exchanges, data is encrypted at all times – both inside and outside the enterprise — providing superior protection of sensitive data
- Collaboration via threaded messages that include file uploads enable users to connect with a high degree of transparency and allows for more intuitive organization of content
- Notifications are date- and time-stamped when messages are received and files are downloaded, allowing for easier tracking and more efficient workflow management
SecureiX is one of the many offerings from the OpenText Information Exchange suite of products, one of the five key pillars of OpenText EIM strategy, and will be available direct from OpenText and select partners beginning March 11, 2013. OpenText’s Information Exchange suite provides market-leading document exchange, messaging, and notification services for businesses ranging from the smallest offices to the largest enterprises. OpenText Information Exchange can help deliver even the largest files swiftly, securely and reliably in the format of your choice, on premise or in the cloud.
OpenText has also announced OpenText Smart Process Applications, which are designed to accelerate an organization’s ability to deliver quick wins from their Business Process Management Suite (BPMS) investments. OpenText Smart Process Applications integrate industry leading OpenText BPM solutions with key OpenText EIM products to deliver unmatched capabilities for organizations to better manage their process-based operations and enterprise information.
“What business needs now is a new generation of flexible, adaptable apps that can address the messy and unpredictable processes and collaborative activities that are central to any business,” writes Andrew Bartels, vice president, principal analyst at Forrester Research, Inc. “Business executives want what we call “smart process applications” – a new generation of packaged applications that are being created specifically for those collaborative business activities.”1 Forrester Research has forecasted the combined market for these products will grow to $34 billion by 2015.2
“Responding to the shift in market demands and delivering upon our EIM strategy, OpenText has elevated Smart Process Applications to the next level,” said OpenText CEO Mark J. Barrenechea. “By providing business users with ready-to-use building blocks that include process models, application logic, persona-based user experiences, and case configurations, we are helping our customers remain agile to keep pace with ever-changing customer expectations.”
Offering the market’s first integrated Smart Process Applications from a single vendor, OpenText continues to deliver stronger solutions based upon its OpenText EIM portfolio and vision. These Smart Process Applications draw upon the foundation of OpenText’s leading process and case management solutions (Business Process Management) integrated with industry leading strengths of products including: Content Server (Enterprise Content Management), Capture Center (Information Discovery), StreamServe (Customer Experience Management) and more. In addition, OpenText Smart Process Applications support the most common horizontal and vertical processes critical to business and can be up-and-running in as little as 30 days.
OpenText Smart Process Applications include:
- Assure for Customer Service – provides prescriptive response paths, intuitive self-service offerings, automated correspondence, performance reporting, multi-system data integration, change management and case load reduction capabilities aimed at delivering exceptional customer service and interactions.
- Assure for Human Resources – offers support for common practices, such as recruitment and on-boarding, using an adaptable, flexible platform that delivers personalized self-services to employees. It also improves the consistency and response time to requests, eliminates paper-based files and processes, and improves visibility to operations and service level metrics.
- Client Management for Insurance – delivers a consolidated 360-degree view of client interactions, cases, processes, content and correspondence across the core back office and customer service operations of insurance companies — including information and interactions of all customers, intermediaries (e.g., brokers, agents), and internal customer/policy facing stakeholders.
“OpenText provided us with a core capability that could keep pace with our company’s strategy and growth objectives. We now have the tools to streamline our business operations and provide our employees with a 360-degree view of our customers’ experience across our operations department,” said Graeme Turner, chief strategy, projects & technology officer at AIA Australia. “We look forward to working with OpenText to expand the solution to our future strategic initiatives and will continue to dedicate our resources to improving our services to our customers.” AIA Group Limited and its subsidiaries comprise the largest independent publicly-listed pan-Asian life insurance group in the world, with a broad footprint spanning 15 markets in Asia Pacific. AIA Australia provides life insurance coverage to over two million Australians.
PSCU, a provider of traditional and online financial services to credit unions, is using OpenText Assure to enhance customer service and maximize productivity.
“OpenText has enabled us to roll out new process-based services in 25% of the time, reduce our work queues by 30%, and save over $300 thousand,” said Daniel Rosen, director of the Center for Process Excellence, PSCU.
Showcasing the latest social and mobile capabilities, as well as analytics, dynamic case management, and self-service portals, OpenText Smart Process Applications provide the following benefits:
- Accelerated value -OpenText’s out-of-the-box, process-specific building blocks enable organizations to design and deliver successful applications in as little as 30 days, delivering the quick wins that are critical to our customers and their time-to-market objectives
- Better visibility – gives insight into and across siloed applications and information, providing managers and executives with a comprehensive, real-time, and historical overview of structured and unstructured process operations.
- Cost-effective agility -allows organizations to innovate and keep up with the rapid pace of change their employees, partners, and customers desire. The agile, business-friendly nature of the process-based applications reduces a line of business’ reliance on IT for often costly and time-consuming changes.
OpenText Smart Process Applications are available immediately from OpenText as cloud-based solutions with support for mobile devices. Further information on OpenText Smart Process Applications, please visit read OpenText’s recent Smart Process Applications articles at the Because Process Matters blog.
Download a complimentary copy of Forrester Research, Inc.’s report, “Smart Process Applications Fill a Big Business Gap“ and register for OpenText’s March 20th Smart Process Applications webinar featuring Forrester Vice President and Principal Analyst Craig LeClair.