Xerox has officially introduced ConnectKey™, a software system embedded in Xerox multifunction printers (MFPs) and a set of solutions that respond to an increasingly mobile workforce and the need for more advanced IT security across connected devices. Sixteen ConnectKey MFPs – including the new WorkCentre® 5800 and 7800 Series – will use the industry’s first embedded security protection from McAfee, giving IT managers more control and peace of mind in “bring your own device” (BYOD) workplaces. ConnectKey MFPs also have an extra layer of security with Cisco’s TrustSec, which protects data paths to and from the devices.
With ConnectKey’s open Application Programming Interface (API), sales channel partners, systems integrators and resellers can develop and embed apps on the MFP with no additional software requirements.
“ConnectKey was designed for one purpose: to simplify how work gets done in a secure, ‘always on’ world,” said Douraid Zaghouani, president, Channel Partner Operations, Xerox. “Through the MFP as a secure hub, ConnectKey’s features include the ability to scan and upload documents to cloud repositories, send business-critical documents directly into workflow processes and print securely and easily from any mobile device. It’s Xerox innovation that takes hassles out of workdays and adds more productivity into workplaces.”
Work simplified with MFP apps, cloud access, mobile printing
ConnectKey’s solutions give IT professionals, channel partners and large, medium and small workplaces fast and easy ways to get work done, including:
- Standard apps or build-your-own: Xerox’s App Studio will let users and channel partners customize apps that make daily work processes faster. For example, a custom app for a health insurance company could scan reimbursement claims directly into the payment system from the MFP screen.
- Cloud access: With a single touch – and no middleware – ConnectKey Share to Cloud moves documents to repositories, such as SharePoint Online, Google Drive, DropBox, Evernote, PaperPort Anywhere and Salesforce.com. It also allows automatic conversion to searchable PDF, Word or Excel, making documents easier to manage for the future.
- Connect to SharePoint: Office workers can browse, convert and store documents in SharePoint and network folders, or store directly to their SharePoint My Site or home folder. With a focus on ease of installation and maintenance, it’s designed for small and midsized businesses.
- Easy IT integration: ConnectKey MFPs can be managed as a central part of the network, much like servers, for straightforward set-up and service. Troubleshooting and training can be addressed remotely by IT administrators, or self-help can be initiated with online support and videos on the front panel.
- Print from anywhere: Workers can print from any email-enabled mobile device without special software with Xerox Mobile Print, or use apps with additional convenience features developed for iOS, Android, Windows and Blackberry. Users have the added flexibility of choosing to implement mobile print as either a cloud-based or on-site solution.
The Xerox WorkCentre 5800 Series and the WorkCentre 7800 Series are available immediately, while the WorkCentre 7220/7225, the Xerox ColorQube® 9300 Series and the Xerox ColorQube 8700/8900 Series with the ConnectKey Controllers will be available starting April 1st.