Wishpond has announced the launch of its Group Offer app, the only app of its kind that allows retailers and brands to create group deals (without Groupon) that harness the power of social sharing on their Facebook Pages, Twitter Profiles, websites and mobile, helping to boost a company’s reach and sales. For example, a clothing store can entice users to purchase excess inventory by offering a $40 gift card towards last season’s clothing line for $20. Entrants will be encouraged to invite their friends to purchase to reach the specified number of participants necessary to unlock the offer.
The Group Offer app boosts Wishpond’s Social Marketing Suite by adding a new way for merchants to entice users to purchase across all mobile, Web, and social channels. Merchants can offer a great price on products or gift cards (for example, $20 for a $40 gift card) to entice first-time buyers. Unlike running an offer with Groupon, merchants own all of the revenue and all of the customers to re-market to in the future.
Merchants can even run multi-channel campaigns in tandem. For example, a business can run a Group Offer along with a Sweepstakes at the same time on Facebook and Twitter to maximize user participation across different channels.
Wishpond’s Group Offer App also integrates directly with the Wishpond Analytics Dashboard. Merchants can use their Analytics Dashboard to analyze and send targeted emails about the contest to customers by groups based on age, gender, location and “Likes” data points that are pulled via the Facebook Open Graph. Better yet, Merchants can watch real-time analytics for each Group Offer on their Campaign Report Page within their Wishpond Merchant Admin.
Wishpond’s Group Offer app includes a robust package of capabilities:
- Merchants can entice users to purchase directly from PayPal, their website or in-store
- Merchants can use coupon codes to cut down on fraud
- Built-in share buttons push participants to share offers with friends on their social networks to get more participants and boost the reach of each contest
- The app is integrated with Facebook’s Open Graph which allows the app to publish the “Claim Offer” action to users Facebook Timelines to give the offer reach to their entire Facebook network
- Merchants can add a “like-gate” to help grow their fans on their Facebook Page
- Like with all Wishpond campaigns, merchants can download all of the entrants’ email addresses to add to their email list.
“We have had many of our clients come to us after having a poor experience with Groupon-style sites,” said Ali Tajsekandar, CEO of Wishpond. “Our Group Offer app is a simple way to get users purchasing and sharing great deals without having to pay any revenue commissions to a 3rd-party provider.”
Group Offer App Rounds Out Wishpond’s Social Marketing Suite
Wishpond offers more than a dozen online marketing apps that cover everything from social promotions to customer engagement and analytics to ads and distribution. Here are a few of the apps Wishpond currently offers in its Social Marketing Suite:
- Pinterest Contest App – Invite users to create a Pinterest board and vote on their favorites to win
- Vote Contest – Marketers can engage users to vote on their favorite photos/candidates entered by them
- Photo Caption Contest – Marketers can engage users to write captions for their photos and vote on their favorites
- Sweepstakes – Deploy a simple grand prize draw to entice users to become fans and join email lists
- Pinterest Tab – Showcase boards and pins on Facebook Pages and websites
- Social Store – Showcase products on Facebook Pages to turn fans into customers
Single User Access to Wishpond’s entire Social Marketing Suite from $29/m. Agencies Rates from $195/m. Shopping Center, White Label and Full-Service options are available upon request.