Join the Independent Production Fund for an intensive two day Digital Marketing Workshop in Winnipeg on February 21st and 22st or Vancouver on March 14th and 15th. You will have the opportunity to strategize and develop marketing plans for your project. Plus, you will get consultation on your project from digital marketing experts Julie Giles (GreenHAT Digital) with Annelise Larson (Veria Seach Media Marketing) and Sue Biely (Nudge Consulting). Blog, pin, tag, vlog, search, schedule, execute, engage, channel, outreach, influence…
- To convert visitors to subscribers
- To know your audience
- What the resources are and how to use them
- Who/What are aggregators and how your content can be distributed
- To create your own marketing plan in a one-on-one meeting with digital marketing experts
“Market, Motivate, Mobilize” is a two-day workshop created to help producers and marketing managers to market for today and prepare for tomorrow by adopting a “digital first” approach to finding, building and maintaining an engaged, powerful and profitable audience. “Market, Motivate, Mobilize” will introduce concepts, ideas and best practices and provide you with an introduction to digital marketing and a solid foundation on which to build your own campaigns.
Based on the IPF guide, “How to Build an Audience for your Web Series: Market, Motivate & Mobilize”, the workshop features both instructional and hands-on learning opportunities.
- Understand the relationship between audience, content, channels and tactics
- Discover where people are consuming screen-based content and learn how to apply best practices to marketing your content. Draw on digital marketing strategies — content, search, social and publicity/pr – that help your audience find you online
- Increase your reach by utilizing traditional tactics – advertising, promotions, live events and direct marketing
- Evaluate your results in real time to adjust your market campaigns.
- Optional one-on-one meetings with Julie Giles to review your specific campaign strategies
- Each curriculum topic has an exercise that will let you test your knowledge and apply it to the creative and business situations you are facing at your company
Who is this workshop for?
- Professional independent film, TV, interactive, web series and transmedia producers
- Marketing and communications managers working at mid-size production companies
- Independent marketing and publicity consultants providing services to production companies
February 21 and 22, 2013 – 8:30 am to 5:30 pm at Red River College: Exchange District Campus, P311 – 160 Princess Street, Winnipeg
Application Deadline: February 14th, 2013 (application form is in DOC format)
Registration Fee: $100 + HST
Presenting Partners: Manitoba Film & Music and Onscreen Manitoba
March 14 & 15, 2013 – 8:30 am to 5:30 pm at Creekside Community Recreation Centre – 1 Athletes Way, Vancouver
Application Deadline: February 28th, 2013 (application form is in DOC format)
Registration Fee: $100 + HST
Presenting Partners: BC Film + Media and Vancouver Economic Commission