Rdio, the streaming music service from the co-creator of Skype, is now offering music lovers up to six months of free music on the Web. New Rdio listeners can sign up and activate free streaming at rdio.com, with no credit card required, then dive right into Rdio’s library of over 18 million songs. This new offer is specifically designed to appeal to people with ears and hearts. Free streaming is available through the Web or Rdio’s desktop apps for Mac and Windows, and allows listeners to:
- Choose from over 18 million songs, without ads
- Listen free on the web for up to six months, depending on how many songs you stream
- See and hear what your favorite artists are listening to
- Discover new music by following friends and tastemakers
- Create, curate, and collaborate on playlists
- Share your life soundtrack in real time on Facebook and Twitter
A meter at the top of user profile pages lets people know how much free music they have remaining each month. It’s easy to upgrade any time to one of Rdio’s subscription plans for unlimited streams and access to Rdio’s acclaimed mobile apps. Plan options include:
- Rdio Web: $4.99 a month. Unlimited Web streaming.
- Rdio Unlimited: $9.99 a month. Unlimited Web and mobile streaming, as well as wireless syncing to listen offline.
- Rdio Unlimited Family: $17.99 a month for two people, $22.99 a month for 3 people. Unlimited Web and mobile streaming, as well as wireless syncing to listen offline.
Music fans can sign up online for free Rdio streaming right now.