Small and medium enterprise (SME) level businesses in Quebec can now benefit from a new partnership between Wavefront and le Centre de recherche informatique de Montréal (CRIM), offering new capabilities, services and shared programming to accelerate growth and commercialization within the wireless ecosystem in Quebec. Wavefront, Canada’s Centre of Excellence for Wireless Commercialization and Research, and CRIM, an IT applied research centre dedicated to the development and transfer of cutting-edge technology in Quebec will offer shared programming, available to all Quebec SMEs, under the same roof at the CRIM research centres in Montreal and Quebec City.
The wireless capabilities and services that will immediately be available as part of this new partnership include access to:
- A mobile device library with the most popular handsets and tablets for testing;
- Mobile development testing with Perfecto Public Cloud;
- Usability studies, including user interface evaluation and testing;
- Access to carrier-grade 3G and 4G networks for application testing;
- Technical services and consultation;
- Business advisory and mentorship services;
- Training programs and events;
- Wavefront M2M Accelerator program; and
- Critical funding support through the Wavefront Acceleration Program with NRC-IRAP.
Wavefront’s Vice President of Canada’s Eastern Region, Hélène Joncas states, “In partnership with CRIM, we are pleased to be the first to offer these kinds of services to Quebec’s rapidly growing wireless sector. This partnership is a natural fit, as we at Wavefront share a similar mission and can now offer our mutually beneficial programs in the same space.”
According to CRIM’s Senior Vice-President, R&D and Commercialization, Jacques Ouellet, “We see a growing number of our clients shifting to mobile platforms as their primary means of information delivery. Our partnership with Wavefront will allow us to enhance our service offering in mobile application development and for our Software Testing and Interoperability Centre. Wavefront’s flexible, high value and well adapted solutions are a natural complement to the advanced software testing tools that we make available to the IT community.”
For more information about this program and how to join, please contact Martin Dufresne, Wavefront Business Development Manager, at martin.dufresne-at-wavefrontac-dot-com.