Anti-malware company Lavasoft has announced new major capabilities within its award-winning Ad-Aware anti-malware software. Ad-Aware 10.4 is designed to address the growing trend and complexities of users running multiple security solutions in an effort to enhance their level of protection. This newest edition now allows users to install Ad-Aware as an additional protection measure further adding to users’ line of defense and level of security. When a running security solution is detected, Ad-Aware enhances protection by defaulting to the new On-Demand mode, adding a second layer of protection.
Numerous other enhancements were made as well, including a more robust and efficient detection engine, a simplified and faster installation process, better Web-Browsing protection as well as Simplified Chinese language and support. These key improvements were made to enhance speed while maintaining its compatibility with existing anti-virus products.
“With the introduction of Ad-Aware 10.4, Lavasoft is reintroducing its anti-malware as a second line of defense for people who have another antivirus on their PC. Ad-Aware automatically detects other conflicting antivirus and performs daily, weekly or monthly scans meant to further protect our users’ PC,” said Daniel Assouline, CEO of Lavasoft. “This corresponds to a need that our community has been very vocal about and it’s a great way to get a second layer of protection without slowing down your PC unnecessarily.”
Designed for PC users of all skill levels, Ad-Aware has been downloaded now more than 450 million times. With a bold new interface, the Ad-Aware software package comes complete with everything consumers need to protect their PCs including anti-spyware and anti-malware through its “active protection” feature. Active protection constantly monitors the activity on a computer and suspends suspicious files and blocks malicious processes to prevent infection.
Updates in Ad-Aware 10.4 include numerous performance and compatibility improvements:
- Second-Line of Defense Mode increases performance and compatibility while running other antivirus products (Automatic detection and initial activation).
- More Robust Detection Engine now with Enhanced Cached Scanning further increases scan speeds, performance and overall broader compatibility.
- Improved Firewall & Web Browsing increases performance and compatibility.
- Simplified installation automatically detects how and what should be installed and proposes the best options to enhance security and user experience – now in Mandarin too.
- Mandarin and Enhanced Multi-language support for all supported languages, now further enhancing and simplifying user interaction.
- Enhanced Web-Browsing Protection engine now protects from latest threats with more frequent daily updates (thousands of URL’s updated daily).
Ad-Aware 10.4 is available in three versions:
- Ad-Aware FREE Antivirus+, a proactive malware removal tool that allows users to combat today’s toughest cyber threats
- Ad-Aware Personal Security (introductory price of $12 USD/year), a paid upgrade of Ad-Aware Free that builds upon the product’s malware protection by adding a powerful Web filter that protects users against phishing attacks and online scams
- Ad-Aware PRO ($36 USD/year), which actively protects users from the most dangerous forms of viruses, spyware, key loggers, Trojans password stealers, bot networks, adware, phishing and drive-by downloads.