Independent game development team Big Round Eyes is launching their online strategy board game “Pop ‘n’ Spawn” today. The free-to-play browser game combines amusing and captivating gameplay with the challenge and depth inspired by classic strategy games like chess and Go.
In Pop ‘n’ Spawn you match wits with your opponent over a scramble for territory on the game board. Territory is captured by strategically placing mushrooms that have the capacity to spawn endless copies of themselves. But there’s a catch! Mushrooms can only duplicate in specific directions. By cleverly picking the right direction and location to grow, you manipulate your mushrooms to claim territory, expand in greater numbers and ultimately gobble up your adversary. And try doing all that before your opponent does; it’s all about who’s going to outsmart the other!
- a fun and original gameplay that’s easy to learn
- deep tactics and strategies inspired by games like chess and Go
- train solo with 10 increasingly difficult levels
- compete online in ranked multiplayer matches
- a free-to-play, support if you like, independent game by gamers