I first told you about the upcoming Survival Horror point and click adventure turn-based RPG game Night Whisper Lane last week. This iOS title, currently in development at EPX Games in Toronto, has a brand new trailer to go along with more details on its Rocket Hub and IndieGoGo campaigns.
As the gameplay opens, you wake up in front of an old creepy house without having any knowledge of how you got there. The objective of the game is to uncover the mystery of the house and surrounding the games villain. Can you live long enough to uncover the truth and ultimately escapes alive from the House on Night Whisper Lane?
To fulfill the game’s objective, the player uncovers various key items that give the player access to other items or new areas. The player can arm their character with weapons to defend themselves during the boss battles. Although the ammunition available for each firearm is limited and the player must learn to conserve the ammunition they have for situations where they will really need it. To restore the character’s health, the player uses Bandages and First-Aid kits.
Night Whisper Lane is scheduled for release in October of 2012. The game will come with Scenario 1; A New Scenario will be released every 2-3 months. All Scenarios will be free to download.
The Campaign And Development History:
Development of Night Whisper Lane started out in January 2012 and founder Emanouel Pontikakis has been personally funding the project himself. As most of us know, there is only so much you can invest in a game without getting help from others, and that’s why EPX Games has launched its fundraising campaigns. Below is a list of where the funding for this project would be going.
• Funding for more Game Scenarios (Expansion Packs)
• 3D Character Models and other 3D Art Assets needed for the game
• Add a bunch of Animated CG Sequences and Cut Scenes into the game
• Purchasing Audio Recording & Editing Equipment
• Licensing Soundtrack for the Game
• Marketing Expenses: It costs a lot of money to advertise your game online for a month.
• Software Licenses, SDK
• Polish: if the goal is reached, the remaining funds will be put into making the game more polished
The Gold Edition Package:
• iOS Full Game Gold Edition (this version will not be sold in APP STORE)
• Gold Edition includes the following in app purchase content:
• Weapon Pack 4 (Baseball Bat x2, Machete x2, Wooden Stake x4, Shot Gun Ammo x2) $4.99 Value & Health Pack 4 (Bandage x4, First Aid Kit x2) $4.99 Value
• Receive access to the beta version of the game prior to release. You will have access to provide feedback, which will help influence, the final product
• Plus receive the game 1-day prior to Release