Pelican Products, Inc., an American-based designer and manufacturer of advanced lighting systems and high-performance protective case solutions, has announced from its Edmonton office the availability of its first consumer-focused product line – Pelican ProGear™. Already a world-renowned brand in the military, industrial safety and tactical industries, the line is comprised of a wide range of new cases and lighting built especially for the digital protection and extreme performance needs of adventurous people.
Pelican ProGear is being presented to consumers via a national television, online and print media campaign. In addition to the national campaign, a comprehensive website has been developed where customers can go to learn more about all products in the Pelican ProGear line. The new user-friendly site incorporates a host of features that include a simple and intuitive browsing experience and access to comprehensive product specs.
“Pelican Products is a trusted brand in the most demanding markets – first responders, military, aerospace and industrial – because our products excel in the harshest conditions known to man,” said Lyndon Faulkner, President and CEO of Pelican. “We’ve used the same tough Pelican DNA found in our commercial products to create a wide range of extremely tough products for consumers to use as protection for tablets, laptops, smart phones and cameras – for these products it’s all about digital survival. But, we didn’t stop there; consumers will now have access to our world renowned lighting and the tough?as?nails performance of our all?new Pelican ProGear Elite Coolers, which feature an industry?first, lifetime guarantee.”
The initial Pelican ProGear product lines – the Pelican ProGear Urban Backpacks, select cases in the Micro Case Series™ and Hardback™ Series, the Pelican ProGear LED Work Light, select Pelican ProGear lighting, and Pelican ProGear Elite Coolers – are now available for purchase. Throughout 2012 and 2013, Pelican plans to roll out additional Pelican ProGear products.
- Pelican ProGear Urban Backpacks: Leading the Pelican ProGear collection is the Urban Backpack line. The backpacks seamlessly incorporate Pelican cases or rigid compartments to fit and protect personal electronics and belongings. The integrated Pelican case – designed to safeguard laptops, MacBook® computers, netbooks, e-readers, tablets, keyboard and accessories – features the same professional-grade durability and protective qualities as Pelican’s legacy case products. Urban Backpacks are designed to be comfortably lightweight and made of ballistic nylon for long-lasting durability. Additional features in the line include over-molded handle, padded lumbar storage area, ventilated back panel and cool color contrasted highlights.
- Pelican ProGear Digital Protection (Micro Case Series™ and Hardback™ Series): The watertight, crushproof and impact resistant i1010 and i1015 Micro Cases offer ultimate protection for small electronics and other vital gear. The Hardback Series offers travel protection for portable electronics such as e-Readers and tablets from 7” and 10” tablets to 14” and 15” laptops. Also, coming soon is the P1075 Weapon and Accessory Case. They’re crush resistant, watertight and incorporate an automatic pressure equalization valve that prevents vacuum lock to make them easier to open at any altitude. In addition, all cases in the series offer anti-scratch foam inserts to add another layer of protection for delicate electronics. The cases also feature stainless steel hardware and easy-snap latches.
- Pelican ProGear LED Work Light / 9420 RALS: A new remote area lighting system, the 9420 RALS, is a portable LED work light that will deploy up to 62 inches (1.5 meters) in height. It features a removable, rechargeable lithium battery to give users round-the-clock light when and where it’s needed most. Additional features include twin LED swiveling head, high and low power, water-resistant switch and a carrying strap for easy transport. Perfect for rugged remote applications from camping to construction work sites. The 9420XL Kit with additional accessories included is also available.
- Pelican ProGear Sport Wallet: Built to withstand extreme temperatures and conditions, the Sport Wallet is crush-proof and water-resistant and will hold keys, identification cards, credit cards, cash and more. It features an easy-open latch and dual mesh pocket organization.
- Pelican ProGear Lighting: Pelican’s 1910, 1920, 2360, 2370, 2710 and 2720 lighting are small in weight, yet big on performance. They offer the brightness, efficiency and durability required for outdoor activities after sundown.
- Pelican ProGear Elite Coolers: Utilizing world-class manufacturing technologies along with the highest-quality standards and construction materials, each Pelican ProGear Elite Cooler is built to last a lifetime with the same tested durability of all Pelican products. These coolers are designed to perform to professional outfitter and offshore fishermen standards with extreme ice retention and easy handling features like press-and-pull latches and dual handle system. These rotationally molded coolers offer extra thick corners to withstand multiple drops and have high-density polyurethane insulation and freezer quality gaskets. The first Elite Coolers will be available in three sizes, holding 35, 45 or 65 U.S. liquid quarts. Additional sizes will follow in the future.
Visibility of the Pelican ProGear brand will be driven through endorsements from top athletes, explorers and adventurers (Pelican Pros) who use the products and exemplify the Pelican’s core values. All Pelican Pro profiles, videos and gear preferences will be featured on the new website as well. Heading up the first Pelican Pros are:
- Jeb Corliss – one of the world’s foremost BASE-jumpers and wingsuit pilots
- Craig Sawyer – retired Navy SEAL, tactical trainer and advisor
- Alexandra Cousteau – leading conservationist, Cousteau family legacy and founder of Blue Legacy
- Mark Davis – renowned salt water fisherman and host of Big Water Adventures on the Outdoor Channel