The Branded Content Marketing Association (BCMA) announced its expansion into the United States, Canada and Mexico, steered by Doug Scott, President of OgilvyEntertainment and International Director of BCMA. The new BCMA chapter is the first trade association in North America dedicated exclusively to the development of the branded content industry. Established in the United Kingdom, the BCMA unites a distinguished network of content-led branding experts to build and grow new partnerships and drive industry growth.
“We are delighted to launch BCMA North America and are excited that the BCMA is broadening its reach into this important territory,” said Andrew Canter, CEO of BCMA.
On July 18th, BCMA North America celebrated the official launch of its chapter in New York City at the worldwide headquarters of Ogilvy & Mather, featuring a high profile roster of prospective members.
“There has never been a better time to bring together the brightest minds in the industry and further define creative, production and measurement standards in the branded content space,” said Doug Scott, Chairman of BCMA North America.
Members of BCMA North America will benefit from exclusive access to industry trade events, driving new partnerships and business opportunities. Partners of the association include C Squared, Cristal Festival, Always On, NATPE, MIP, UbiQ, Digital Hollywood, The Rose Group, realscreen, and Cannes Lions. BCMA North America Members will be invited to quarterly mixers, an annual summit, and additional industry insider events.
The Branded Content Marketing Association is the international trade body for branded content. Launched on October 2nd, 2003 the BCMA drives development in the branded content market throughout Europe, Australia, Asia, and the United States. The BCMA was established to promote and champion the concept of branded content to the global marketing industry.
Designed to benefit anyone involved in the branded content marketplace, the association includes members across advertising, brand development, sponsorship, media, broadcasting, programming, and entertainment. The BCMA is committed to creating opportunities for meaningful exchange and defining industry standards and practices. By providing an exciting calendar of events with industry development at its core, the BCMA enables its members to adapt and capitalize on new challenges while further developing the advancement of branded content.
Under the stewardship of Doug Scott and the group of highly qualified leaders comprising the Board, the BCMA North America Chapter aims to promote innovation within its membership body.
The Executive Board includes:
- Doug Scott, International Director of BCMA & Chairman of BCMA North America, President of OgilvyEntertainment
- Robert Friedman, Director of BCMA North America, Television & Film Executive
- Wright Ferguson, Jr., International Director & Treasurer of BCMA North America, USA President of AdForum
- Jeff Greenbaum, Legal Counsel & Secretary of BCMA, Partner at Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz
- Ian Wright, Research Director at BCMA, Executive VP, Corporate Development of Ipsos MediaCT
The Board of Advisors includes:
- Russ Axelrod, Director of Brand Strategy and Branded Entertainment at Microsoft
- Laura Caraccioli-Davis, Executive Vice President of Advertising Solutions at Electus
- Katrina Cukaj, Executive Vice President of Ad Sales at CNN
- Bill Davenport, President of Wieden+Kennedy Entertainment
- Scott Donaton, President & CEO of Ensemble
- Rob Donnell, West Coast Regional Lead of BCMA North America, Owner of Brand Arc
- Tom Dunlap, Executive Producer at RSA Films
- Carolyn Everson, Vice President of Global Marketing Solutions at Facebook
- Jared Hoffman, Managing Partner at Generate
- Oliver Laubscher, Global Director of Content Connection, a WPP & Group M Initiative
- Kevin McAuliffe, SVP Branded Entertainment at NBC Universal Cable Entertainment
- Eddy Moretti, Executive Creative Director at VICE
- Brent Poer, Executive Creative Director at Liquid Thread
- Evan Shapiro, President of Participant Television
- Noah Syken, Manager of U.S. Media Sponsorship Advertising and Branded Content Development at IBM
- Mike Wiese, Director of Branded Entertainment at JWT, New York