Today, the best hockey teams in North America get ready to hit the ice for the long playoff run that will decide who will enjoy the ultimate Big Win. The only thing longer than the final stages of this annual event will be the signature playoff beards grown by the players themselves.
To coincide with this hairy tradition, Hothead Games is pleased to announce the release of Big Win Hockey for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, giving fans an opportunity to go on their own playoff run each and every day. Players can create their own dream team, boost their puck-handling, shooting, and skating with Big Win cards, compete against opponents around the world, and get ready to hoist the Daily Trophy.
And because the quality of your beard matters to us, the facial hair experts at Hothead Games have devised a list of their top pro-grooming tips to ensure your beard is looking good.
- Embrace the beard: Take your beard to the next level with a custom look—be it a chinstrap, muttonchops, or the classic full beard, pick a style for your signature look (and don’t forget to customize your Big Win Hockey team as well, with uniform cards, skill boosts, and more).
- Don’t let it go fully unmanaged: An unkempt beard can create holes, gaps and unsightly patches. Instead, make sure you keep it trimmed to improve your personal appearance rating and overall facial hair performance… just like your hockey team. Buy new player cards and decide who’s going to ride the pine in order to ice the optimal team.
- When it itches… don’t scratch it: Instead distract yourself by completing up to 20 games in Big Win Hockey’s Daily Trophy Mode. Dominate the standings and show off your beard as a symbol of your skills (both on the ice and on your face).
- Dedicate yourself: If you’re lucky the playoffs can go on for months, and that calls for persistence as you grow your beard and potentially scare small children. Don’t cave to the demands of others who may ask you to shave. Along those lines, come back to Big Win Hockey every day for bonuses and more chances at the Daily Trophy.
- Show us your Big Win Beard: Growing a playoff beard? Hothead Games wants to see your manly mane of facial hair. Send pictures of yourself and your playoff progress to email@example.com, subject line “Big Win Beard” for a chance to make it into the Hothead Games Big Win Beard Hall of Fame, and win Hothead swag and Big Bucks to spend on your Big Win Hockey team. Send before and after photos, a new picture for each round of the playoffs, or even a daily update!
Big Win Hockey, which is available now for free, is compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad devices running iOS 4.0 or later. The game is rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
The top in-app purchases:
- Stack of Big Bucks $1.99
- Pile of Big Bucks $4.99
- Briefcase of Big Bucks $19.99
- Locker of Big Bucks $49.99
- Truckload of Big Bucks $99.99