textPlus is expanding with the launch of textPlus Free Text and Calls for Android. Starting today, Canadians who pay costly texting and calling fees will get all the features and benefits from their mobile phone with textPlus, but without all the costs. textPlus also works on Android tablets and other devices, so users can always stay connected to the conversation.
Communicating with other textPlus users in Canada is always free. Additionally, users can text and talk with friends not on textPlus in Canada for free or at rates up to six times cheaper than current pricing plans, saving hundreds of dollars per year. Every call on textPlus is a local call with no long distance fees ever.
The launch marks the beginning of international expansion for textPlus and comes at a time of tremendous growth for the company. To date, textPlus users have sent over 30 billion messages, making it the most popular messaging app in market. textPlus is also soaring on Android with 20-times growth in the last 12 months, and consistently rated a top 10 Social app in Google Play.
textPlus gives Canadians the choice to communicate on their own terms. Benefits include:
- Save money
- Get a free Canadian phone number
- No contracts, up-front costs or hidden fees
- Works across WiFi and 3G/4G
- Communicate with other users on textPlus
- Free app-to-app messaging in Canada and worldwide
- No-cost calling in Canada and the US
- Group texting, communities on millions of topics, optional user profiles and social search
- Communicate with anyone, even if they’re not on textPlus
- Free texting to any mobile number in Canada and the US
- Earn minutes to make free calls
- Make extremely inexpensive calls to any mobile number or landline in Canada
- Anyone can text or call a textPlus number, just like any mobile phone
“Our goal at textPlus is to make texting and calling available and affordable worldwide, so everyone can participate in the conversation,” said Scott Lahman, Founder and CEO of textPlus. “Today’s launch in Canada brings us one step closer to this vision by providing the seamless communication experience that consumers expect, but offered for free or at an extremely low cost.”
textPlus Free Text for iOS is already available in Canada, and textPlus Free Calls for iOS will be launching in Canada soon.