Arianna Huffington and Neil Pasricha Among Thought Leaders At Communitech Tech Leadership Conference 2012
Big names, big news, big influence – that’s what can be expected at the annual Communitech Tech Leadership Conference slated for April 10, 2012 — the biggest tech industry conference in southwestern Ontario. The event is sure to ignite innovation and challenge the status quo with an impressive line-up of top keynote speakers:
- Arianna Huffington of The Huffington Post
- Neil Pasricha, international best-selling author of The Book of Awesome
- Nora Young, host and creator of CBC Radio’s Spark
“If you’re looking to take tech to the next level, this is where the conversation starts, where the leaders shine, and new concepts are shared. In this era, as demanded by the market and the masses, rapid innovation in tech companies is not just constant – it’s mandatory to succeed,” said Iain Klugman, CEO of Communitech.
Arianna Huffington, co-founder of the world’s best-known blog and one of Time Magazine’s 100 most influential people in the world, will share expert insight into ‘The Brave New World of the New Media’, addressing how social media has revolutionized the communications landscape.
Neil Pasricha, creator of the award-winning blog, 1000 Awesome Things, will let attendees in on the ‘Four Steps to Being Awesome’. Through anecdotes and corporate tales, Neil will guide the audience through the “4 A’s of Being Awesome”, encouraging appreciation of awesomeness in themselves and others.
Nora Young, whose CBC national radio show and podcast feature topics on technology and culture, will address ‘Trees, Meet Forest: Making Meaning in the Data Boom’. Young, whose book The Virtual Self will be published this spring, will look at what it takes to create tools that are not only socially beneficial but attractive in a crowded marketplace.
Featured workshop sessions include the following topics and speakers:
- Innovation and Economy Building
- Richard Bendis – President and CEO of Innovation America
- Growing Innovative Cultures and Companies
- Terry Stuart – Chief Innovation Officer, Deloitte Canada
- Understanding the importance of an Employment Brand
- Mike Winterfield – President, Randstad Professionals
- Walking the Talk: Aligning your internal and external business focus
- Maggie Harmon – Operations and Client Services, The Brand, Art & Technology Studio (The Bat Studio)
With such hot tech topics, dynamic breakout sessions, and influential speakers, the Communitech Tech Leadership conference is expected to draw 500 people from throughout Southwestern Ontario. The event will be held at Bingemans Conference Centre in Kitchener. Registration, breakfast & the Tech Expo Showcase will kick off the day, starting at 7:30 a.m. on April 10th.