Research In Motion has introduced the BlackBerry® Mini Keyboard™, a new accessory for the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet. The BlackBerry Mini Keyboard is ultra portable and comes complete with a stylish convertible case that doubles as a stand for the tablet. In addition to a full QWERTY keyboard, it offers an integrated touchpad that allows users to navigate and control the BlackBerry PlayBook as easily as using the touch screen on the tablet itself. When the keyboard is active, the PlayBook tablet’s virtual keyboard remains hidden, freeing up 100% of the display for the task at hand.
“Whether you’re typing email, creating documents, surfing the web or using other apps, the BlackBerry Mini Keyboard and its integrated carrying case is an ideal accessory,” said James Poulton, Director, Advanced Accessories.
- Powerful Multi-touch Control – The BlackBerry Mini Keyboard comes equipped with a touchpad that supports BlackBerry PlayBook gestures. The touchpad also offers additional gestures similar to the standard mouse and touchpad controls on a laptop, including a single tap to simulate a mouse click, a two finger tap to right-click, and a two-finger up or down swipe to scroll vertically.
- Ultimate Portability – The BlackBerry Mini Keyboard is ultra-portable and lightweight, measuring less than 6mm thick.
- Security – The BlackBerry Mini Keyboard connects to your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet via Bluetooth®, and features 128-bit encryption to keep the data passed between keyboard and tablet secure.
- Powered and Ready When You Need It – The BlackBerry Mini Keyboard conveniently uses the micro-USB charger that comes with the BlackBerry PlayBook (one less charger to carry), and the keyboard battery lasts up to 30 days on a full charge.
- Third Party App Support – The BlackBerry Mini Keyboard is a great productivity enhancer. It works with the new BlackBerry PlayBook 2.0 Messages, Contacts and Calendar apps as well as Documents To Go, and provides an optimal user experience for third party apps such as Citrix Receiver, which allows users to remotely access their Windows desktop and apps from the tablet.