Montreal’s D-MagiK has announced the release of its much anticipated sheet music reader SheetRack to the iTunes App Store for $2.99 USD. Successor to SheetRack Lite, the lite version that had several tens of thousands of downloads, SheetRack is one of the fastest sheet music readers available. With original and useful features such as blowing to turn pages, music page previews, metronome, high speed page turning, and an ever growing library of sheets available for free, SheetRack is ramping up to become the iPad Musician’s favorite companion.
SheetRack was designed for the iPad and iPhone with speed and user-friendliness at heart. It will give you a unique sheet-music reading and score-on-the-go experience. Its light interface is the only among competitor apps that strikes the right balance between simplicity and power, with absolutely no compromise on speed and performance.
Unlike most other music reading apps, SheetRack allows you to download as many sheets from the database as you want, and import as many of your own sheets, all for free.
SheetRack makes it very easy for you to import your own PDF sheet music and/or download free sheet music of all kinds from our library, and provides you with several great features that will make your music reading experience even more enjoyable. You can benefit from a very organized (and iPod-like) view of all the sheet music you’ve downloaded, complete with a book-like image index. Some of the features included in SheetRack are a metronome (both audio and visual), a flexible search by sheet, composer or genre, sheet statistics such as number of pages and number of times you have read a sheet.
* Displays first few measures as previews of all the sheet music in your library
* Gives you free access to a large library of public domain scores (includes solos, duets, orchestral arrangements)
* Allows you to upload your own sheet music from PDFs on your computer (Windows only)
* First-of-its kind page-turning: simply blow on the iPad to turn the page
* Completely ads-free
* iPod-like menu for easy and familiar navigation
* Composers’ portraits and Genres’ symbols list
* Rating and number of pages of each sheet displayed along with the title for the fastest reference
* Ability to rate sheets individually
* Fast and smart search engine to search for scores locally and online, by title, composer, or genre (loads up to 100 results)
* Slick small menu to easily access all features in one place and display information on the sheet music being displayed
* Metronome – both visual (ergonomic and discreet) and audio (real metronome sound)
* Pages of sheets downloaded are automatically tilted and formatted to the iPad screen resolution for an optimal display
* For a given sheet, SheetRack remembers the last page you were playing for a quick resume, if you accidentally go to the menu
* Ability to pan and zoom on sheet pages
* Ability to listen to external music while the app is active
* Downloaded or imported sheets are saved locally and permanently on the iPad until deleted by the user
* Highly efficient in dealing with multiple music sheets