Toronto music edutainment company Stagename has launched Rock Rivals, a mobile social game designed to teach anyone how to create great music. The experience is more social and more rewarding then previous attempts to motivate music learning and composition. The game, available now on iTunes, appeals to novice music makers who want to dive-in and learn the fundamentals, while more savvy music makers can put their skills to the test and even develop skills needed to thrive in the music business. “Composing music is overwhelming for the majority of people. Rock Rivals makes it a fun, social experience that rewards players for sticking with it and for continuous improvement”, says Stagename CEO, Josh Barkin.
Players learn how to compose music through an interactive music adventure. Once they create an avatar, they work in a virtual studio to learn how to mix and record music. Challenges allow players to put their skills to the test as they are matched up in voting battles against other players. A “Lounge” enables players to get feedback from each other, challenge each other, and build an audience for music they create. As players gain more experience, they earn Rock Rivals Cash and Respect, which they can use for in-game upgrades. Players unlock 24 virtual achievements, while real world rewards are provided by national brands to players that accept and win music challenges. All players can track progress in the game’s charts, which ranks players on a number of dimensions.
- Create a Rock Star avatar with 100’s of items
- Easily create your own Rock music
- Collect 1000’s of sounds, or record your own
- Add the Vocalizer to hear your voice in perfect tune, and 3-part harmony!
- Challenge others to live Rock battles
- Hang out in the Lounge and pick up fans
- Collect 24 achievements
- Collect real swag from brands like Coke and Best Buy when you win battles
- Gain experience and climb the charts to become a Rock Legend
Rock Rivals 1.1 is free, with the ability to purchase in-game currency and upgrades. The game is rated 9+ for Infrequent – Mild Profanity or Crude Humour and is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad devices running iOS 4.0 or later.
Top In-App Purchases
- 25 Respect Points$1.99
- 165 Respect Points$4.99
- 10 Respect Points$0.99
- 360 Respect Points$9.99
- 2500 Rock Rivals Cash$1.99
- 1000 Rock Rivals Cash$0.99
- 8250 Rock Rivals Cash$4.99
- 18000 Rock Rivals Cash$9.99