Longview Solutions, a provider of corporate performance management and tax reporting software, announced today the general availability of Longview 7.1, the latest release of its SOA-based Longview 7 platform. Longview 7.1 introduces functional enhancements in the following key areas:
- Smart Client Technology – The Longview Smart Client technology provides an enriched end-user experience with a unique combination of powerful rich client functionality and performance with the ease of use of a web interface. This allows customers to create tailored, interactive processes integrated with models and other comprehensive capabilities.
- Performance – A series of enhancements and optimizations to various modeling operations have accelerated performance for various processes. The performance improvements have ranged from 30 to 90 percent in lab tests.
- Usability – Enhanced end-user capability in the areas of analysis, reporting and data input, including Journal Entries functionality; symbol selection; and the ability to render an interactive data area with a configurable toolbar.
In addition to these major themes, Longview 7.1 includes enhancements in the following areas:
- Support for additional client and server platforms including MS SQL Server 2008 R2 – 64 bit and Internet Explorer 9.0-32 bit for Longview Web components
- Multiple improvements to administrative capabilities to better manage processes
- Additional capabilities in the area of third-party web authentication
The introduction of the Longview Smart Client has greatly advanced the user interface of the Longview 7 platform and will enrich the functionality and enhance usability of future releases. “Leveraging the established, strong foundation of the Longview 7 Platform, the enhancements and capabilities included in Longview 7.1 will advance the user experience for the Office of Finance.” said John Power, Chief Executive Officer, Longview Solutions. “With every release of our software, Longview continues to deliver innovative, world-class technology for performance management that provides finance departments with the tools necessary to streamline and automate their strategic financial processes.”