Intrinsyc Software International, a developer of intelligent connected devices, has announced the first of several new product launches for 2012. The OPEN-6 Design and Production Platform leverages the latest high performance multi-core design from Freescale, the i.MX 6 series, based upon the ARM® Cortex™-A9 architecture.
The i.MX 6 combines world class integration with cutting edge 3D graphics, high definition video capabilities and aggressive power management required by device makers building the compelling user experiences of tomorrow. Intrinsyc’s OPEN-6 DPP product line will leverage Intrinsyc’s close relationships with Freescale and other key technology partners to deliver a high performance production capable platform for device makers focused on key vertical markets including tablets, eReaders, automotive infotainment, and industrial handhelds. In addition to incorporating the i.Mx6 at up to 1.2 GHz, the platform will include support for:
- Android 4.0 or Windows® Mobile™ 6.5 Production BSP
- Advanced Power Management
- 3G and 4G communication module options, with Intrinsyc’s RapidRIL™ technology
- Combination Bluetooth, WLAN, and GPS
- Capacitive multi-touch display with multiple options including daylight readability
- Multiple high resolution cameras
- Full suite of sensors
- Device Management through Intrinsyc’s i.Device Manager
“We are excited about the opportunity to expand our collaborative relationship with Freescale and introduce a design and production platform that offers tremendous processing capability, yet is power-efficient, and cost-effective,” said Tracy Rees, President and Chief Executive Officer. “Device manufacturers will also benefit from the scalability across single, dual, and quad-core products, which enable the rapid creation of complete end-product portfolios to meet evolving market demands.”
“Intrinsyc’s OPEN-6 DPP, with its high quality system and device management software and flexible design is an outstanding option for device makers that are looking to accelerate the development of market leading products,” said Rajeev Kumar, Product Line Manager for the Multimedia Applications Division at Freescale. “Combined with Intrinsyc’s deep expertise in both Android and Windows Embedded development it will significantly reduce OEM risk in the adoption of new i.MX 6 designs.”
The OPEN-6 DPP flexible product line includes the following solutions:
- Licensable Production Package – includes production software in source format and cost optimized hardware design that can be licensed by OEM’s and ODM’s for device acceleration
- Development Kit – kitted solution for application developers and device manufacturers to evaluate, develop, test, and deploy applications that utilize the powerful i.MX 6 technology with fully functional connectivity solutions including 3G, WLAN, and BT
- Production Hardware – fully certified version of the DPP for device makers to leverage into their packaging. Just add the applications and go.
Intrinsyc will present the design and detailed specifications to prospective customers at the Consumer Electronics Show under NDA, with initial prototype demonstrations at Mobile World Congress in February 2012. The development kit is expected to be available in the second quarter of 2012.