Epiphan Systems Inc. has announced the release of its DVI2PCIe frame grabber, a new internal capture card with a single-link DVI/VGA input. DVI2PCIe captures video from any single link DVI, unencrypted HDMI video, VGA, DisplayPort, Mini DisplayPort, Thunderbolt video, or BNC/component video source and is ideal for capturing video from any monitor, projector, embedded systems , medical and scientific equipment displays in 100% lossless quality.
DVI2PCIe allows the capture of full HD video at a rate of 30 frames per second for 1080p video and video sources at any resolution up to 1920×1200 are supported. DVI2PCIe fits into a x4, x8 or x16 PCIe 1.x slot and incorporates the same capture technologies as the acclaimed VGA2USB Pro and VGA2Ethernet external frame grabbers. Furthermore, a 128MB on-board frame buffer means not a single frame is skipped.
DVI2PCIe Key Features
– Capture from DVI, VGA, HDMI sources (HDMI to DVI adapter provided, HDMI support limited to non copy protected content, and does not include digital audio source)
– Capture from RGB/BNC, component, DisplayPort, Mini DisplayPort, Thunderbolt video sources using adapters, purchased separately (Video only. No audio support. Thunderbolt signal must be in DVI mode)
– PCIe x4 form factor. Compatible with PCI Express x4, x8, and x16 slots
– Full HD 1080p capture at 30 fps
– Capture rates of 30 to 80 frames per second based on resolution selected
– Epiphan Capture Tool software included for capturing and recording video
– Easy to install and configure, software automatically optimizes settings
– Supports Windows, Mac OS, and Linux
– DirectShow (Windows), QuickTime (Mac OS), and Video4Linux (Linux) drivers available
– Supports 3rd party applications that accept an external video source, such as Windows Media Encoder, Adobe Premiere, Podcast Producer, and others
– Free API and SDK available for integrating into custom applications
DVI2PCIe is ideal for:
– Capturing any monitor image, including medical images, educational materials, presentations, podcasts, scientific equipment, embedded devices and other equipment
– Recording full motion HD video in 100% lossless quality
– Integrating into capture systems, streaming servers, embedded systems
DVI2PCIe is priced at $US 999.95 and will be available through Epiphan Systems and its authorized resellers.