AOL Canada proudly announces the launch of Editions, a free daily magazine for the iPad that delivers a streamlined and uniquely beautiful reading experience tailored to the individual interests of each user in an easy-to-read format. Available today at the App store, Editions aggregates content from Canada and the world’s top news sites, networks and sources stories relevant to the taste and preference of each reader.
“Editions marries self-guided customization with technology that adjusts based on your behaviour to serve up a truly unique and brand new reading experience every day,” says Brad Cressman, head of content, AOL Canada. “That experience is based not only on the best content from around the world but prioritizes Canadian sources to give Canadians a content experience geared specifically for them.”
Editions leverages a sophisticated set of algorithms that takes all of your actions into account; from opening an article to adding a new interest, to help learn what you do and don’t like – creating a truly customized reading experience. Additionally, the app integrates social media feeds including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. After a successful launch in the US, Canada and UK launch today to help expand the growth of Editions internationally.
Editions has a cover, a list of top articles and a final page that features your daily horoscope. The app replicates some of the features that make magazines fun to read, including beautiful pages, images and layout, and fast and easy page turning. Every morning, at a time of your choosing, you’ll receive a 30- to 40-page magazine tailored to your interests.
Additional features include:
- A total of 15 topic sections to choose from, including Design, Tech, Business, Family, Health & Fitness, Sports, Entertainment and Travel
- The ability to tailor each section to include your favourite companies, teams, celebrities, sources etc.
- Localized news and weather – for large cities and small towns alike – as well as hyper-local content sources
- A built-in calendar that syncs with Facebook and iCal to display important events, meetings and birthdays
- Adjustable font sizes and color options
- Option to share an article by email, Facebook or twitter