The all new Kobo Vox™ Colour eReader ($199) has made its retail debut at all Indigo, Chapters and Coles stores and is also available online. Indigo Books & Music Inc., majority shareholder of the 5 million member global eReading solution KOBO, is pleased to see the Company enter its most colourful chapter yet with the first colour device built on an open Android™ platform.
Offering so much more for the multitasking avid reader the new Kobo Vox™ Colour eReader joins Kobo’s suite of popular eReaders including the Kobo Touch ($139), with its superior E ink touch screen that reads like print on paper, and the first-generation Kobo WiFi ($99) which enables users to download and read eBooks anytime, anywhere.
Built by readers for readers, the Kobo Vox™ Colour eReader ($199) expands the reading experience with more visually rich content like magazines, children’s books and cookbooks and comes pre-loaded with digital lifestyle essentials like email, a full web browser, an app store with access to 15,000 free apps for Android™ and a rich media player. The Kobo Vox™ Colour eReader also offers a suite of optional software including the free top rated Kobo eReading apps available for Apple®, Android and Blackberry smartphones and tablets, as well as PC and Mac computers. Once connected to a WiFi network, Kobo Vox™ eReader users can:
- Experience open access to Android™
- Browse the web
- Check email
- Access over 2.4 million eBooks, magazines and newspapers at the Kobo bookstore
- Play games
- Download favourite newspapers or magazines through popular digital newsstand apps like Zinio™ or PressReader™
- Watch movies, TV shows and home videos in any video file format
- Listen to music or access millions of songs with leading streaming and social music service RDIO™
“The Kobo Vox Colour eReader provides another leap for Kobo in its sheer level of functionality, ease of use, comfort and style for readers. It’s a full and open Android experience at an amazing value. Paired with a vast array of accessories it is our favourite gift to give and receive just in time for this holiday season,” said Heather Reisman, founder and CEO of Indigo Books and Music, and Chair of Kobo, Inc.
Inspired by the Latin phrase meaning voice of the people (vox populi), the newest Kobo device continues to amplify the opportunity for “Social Reading” through Kobo Reading Life™ and Kobo Pulse™. It’s possible now to track your reading habits with Reading Life and keep tabs on your personalized reading stats, earn fun and exciting awards just for reading and share your favourite books and passages on Facebook® and Twitter®. You can also find out how many people are reading with you, see what others think of the passage you just read and share your ideas on books and passages with the Kobo community of readers using Kobo Pulse™.
Michael Serbinis, CEO of Kobo says, “Kobo Vox was designed to allow readers to get the most out of reading and create a complete experience that brings freedom, connections and unlimited choice to the overall experience.”
Kobo Vox™ Colour eReader at a Glance:
- KOBO VOX™ Colour eRader available now at indigo.ca or at any Indigo, Chapters or Coles store
- 7″ LCD colour multi-touch display
- Signature quilted back
- Four contemporary colours – Hot Pink, Lime Green, Ice Blue and Jet Black
- Customizable library views, fonts and font sizes
- Magazines, cookbooks, travel books and children’s books- all in rich colour
- 15,000 free apps for Android™, browse the web and send emails with built in WiFi
- Music, movies, TV shows and more