One of the most stylish, haunting and affecting titles of the year, The War of the Worlds from Other Ocean Interactive, now has awesome Avatar items for Xbox LIVE users. Show off to your friends with these stylish items that let them know you’re ready to take on the alien invasion. The War of the Worlds is available now on Xbox Live for 800 MS Points and is rated E10 by the ESRB.Available Avatar items for The War of the Worlds include:
- War of the Worlds tripod tee shirt (80 MS Points)
- Keep Calm and Carry On Tee Shirt (80 MS Points)
- Tripod helmet for (160 MS Points)
- A Tripod pet that will encircle and interact with your Avatar…creepy tentacles and all! (240 MS Points)
- A Drone pet that searches around you and scans with its spotlight – but thankfully won’t zap you (240 MS Points)
- A Spider pet that climbs around your Avatar, just like the ones from the game (240 MS Points)
The War of the Worlds is a dark and breathtaking new vision of the classic H.G. Wells novel, retold as a single player side-scrolling action-adventure, narrated by the acclaimed and distinguished actor, Patrick Stewart. Set in London, the gameplay narrative parallels the timeline and events from the 1953 movie adaptation, but introduces a new story arc, characters, locations, and sub-plots.
With gameplay paying homage to classic cinematic platformers such as Flashback, Out of This World and Prince of Persia, the game follows the exploits of an unknown everyman struggling to escape the Martian invasion of London and rescue his family. Forced to think through insurmountable odds, players will outsmart an army of alien tripods, spiders and drones as they make their way through a landscape of total devastation.