Hatsize, a Calgary-based cloud automation software provider for hands-on demos and training, has announced the general availability of its flagship product, Hatsize 3.11. Designed in collaboration with leading customers’ input, Hatsize 3.11 provides a new set of advanced capabilities to demo and train technology products to anyone, anytime, anywhere in the world as a hosted cloud service.
Hatsize 3.11 has new and extended cloud automation capabilities that include: built-in image management system, optimized scheduling for CPU-intensive sessions, SSH support for hardware devices, shadowing for Telnet, user interface improvements and support for the latest browsers.
“Hatsize’s latest release demonstrates our strong ongoing collaboration with customers to identify and deliver functionality that truly adds value to their businesses,” said Guy Hummel, Hatsize President. “We continue to add capabilities that make it faster and easier for technology companies to deliver hands-on product demos and training anywhere, anytime around the world to their prospects, customers, channel partners and staff.”
New and extended features in Hatsize 3.11 include the following:
- Built-in image management system that supports version control for images and lets lab developers dynamically modify master images themselves, create new images based on ones they have and select production images to use. This is particularly useful for updating and testing applications because users can test the new version of an application while the old one is still running and can switch to either version on-demand.
- Enhanced scheduling algorithm optimizes utilization, especially for CPU-intensive sessions, by splitting classes across virtual servers for maximum efficiency and tracking CPU requirements of all lab sessions.
- SSH for hardware devices, which supports secure command line access to UNIX, Linux and hardware devices from the Hatsize Applet to maximize security and ease of use.
- Shadowing for Telnet allows instructors to shadow students using Telnet connections.
- Usability improvements including portal maintenance messages and automatic browser refreshes in critical areas in the portal. Users are also now able to extend the length of their individual sessions when they need more time.
- Latest browser supports Internet Explorer 9 and FireFox 5.5.