Corel announced the release of Corel® MotionStudio 3D™, the latest addition to the company’s Digital Media product line. A complete 3D titling and animation application, MotionStudio 3D makes it easy for home video enthusiasts, graphics professionals, and web designers to enhance their projects with sophisticated title effects, motion graphics and 3Danimation. MotionStudio 3D features an intuitive user interface and an Easy Pallet which allows users to quickly apply 3D pre-sets to their text, graphics, or web-based projects. Optimized for the latest GPU and CPU chipsets, MotionStudio 3D delivers a fast and responsive experience to users, allowing them to apply effects and view their changes in real-time.
With MotionStudio 3D, it’s easy for anyone to apply Hollywood- style effects to their home video productions. Users can create memorable title sequences by making text bounce, twist and explode. They can also create and embellish 3D objects by adding realistic motion blur and lighting, as well as particle effects such as fire, smoke and snow. When their video project is complete, editors can easily export their work directly to VideoStudio Pro X4 or any other video-editing software.
“Title sequences are one of the most important visual elements in setting the tone, look, and feel of a film,” said Greg Wood, Senior Product Marketing Manager, Digital Media at Corel. “Now that 3D and motion graphics are no longer a fad, but a staple in Hollywood productions, video editing enthusiasts are following suit. MotionStudio 3D puts these advanced tools into the hands of video editing consumers, cracking open a range of new creative possibilities for the home video producer.”
In addition to video production, MotionStudio 3D is ideal for designers looking to author 3D graphics for print, web or Flash®. With its support for both vector and raster formats used in popular programs such as CorelDRAW®, users of MotionStudio 3D can import their custom designs and quickly convert them into 3D objects for banners, logos and animation. With dedicated 3D tools and exceptional hardware acceleration, users can edit in real-time and maintain their creative flow.
“We all want our work to stand out from the crowd and with MotionStudio 3D, graphic designers and web developers now have a powerful, affordable and efficient way to experiment with new creative effects that will add a signature element to their projects,” added Wood.
MotionStudio 3D Key Features
- Easy-to-use 3D titling and text animation: Add excitement and impact to your movie with dynamic titles and text. Automatically extrude everyday 2D text to 3D and create instant 3D titles with just one click. Apply sophisticated effects to your text, making it bounce, stretch, disintegrate, rotate and much more.
- Powerful particle systems: Create high-end effects by adding fire, snow, smoke, starfields, explosions and other phenomena with MotionStudio 3D particle effects. Control the size, source, density and behavior of the particles.
- High-speed preview: With MotionStudio 3D, you don’t have to wait to see your work. Assemble and playback your production in high resolution or in anaglyph or side-by-side 3D – in real time – in the Preview Panel.
- Import vector and raster graphics: For increased design flexibility, you can easily import your own original graphics to use in your 3D animation project. MotionStudio 3D supports both vector and raster formats, including Adobe® Illustrator® (AI), Windows® Meta Files (WMF), and Enhanced Metafiles (EMF).
- Easily export from MotionStudio 3D in a wide variety of animation, image and video formats: Export your project as a 3D model with support for DirectX® and 3D Studio formats. Output animated projects with audio directly to Corel® VideoStudio® Pro X4 or choose one of several commonly used formats, including AVI, 3GPP, MOV, MPEG, MP4 and WMV and import to your video-editing software of choice. You can also create JPEG, BMP, GIF and TGA image files of your titles and animations. Plus, export projects in GIF or Flash (SWF) formats for use on the web.
- Create Alpha Channels: Generate an alpha channel when exporting to 32 bit AVI files or a transparent background when exporting to Flash SWF. Exporting with an alpha channel allows you to precisely overlay particle systems like fire and smoke within your video application.
- Output to 3D: Create 3D video for anaglyph or side-by-side viewing systems. Use the instant preview to see what you’re creating as you work.
Corel MotionStudio 3D is available as a download in English, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Polish, Japanese and Chinese Traditional. North American pricing is $99.99 (US and CDN) and users of VideoStudio Pro X4 can purchase for $89.99.