Merging Media Productions and the Canadian Media Production Association – British Columbia have announced that British Columbia Film, will once again sponsor the Merging Media Pitch 360 Development Award of $10,000. This prize will be awarded to the winner of the best cross-media project presented at the Merging Media Conference and Masterclass 2011 on October 27th and 28th. Funding for British Columbia Film is provided by the Province of British Columbia.
Developers and producers based in British Columbia who are working on cross-media or transmedia projects which include TV, film or web series elements, are encouraged to apply for the Masterclass and Pitch 360 program. Just eight companies will be selected to attend “Pitching the Multi-Platform Project” – Merging Media 2011’s exclusive Masterclass conducted by Starlight Runner Entertainment’s Caitlin Burns, followed by pitch training sessions.
These sessions will comprise one-on-one mentoring and pitch coaching by industry specialists from New York, Los Angeles and Toronto, to help participants fine tune their presentations. The final pitches will be presented on the main conference stage on October 28th before an international jury of potential co-producers, broadcasters, collaborators, investors and distributors. Deadline for submissions is September 30th and space is limited, register soon to avoid disappointment.
Eligibility and Guidelines:
- Project must be owned by the company or individual pitching;
- Company or individual must be British Columbia resident or BC incorporated;
- Project must have at least one conventional media element (eg. TV, film, webseries) and at least one more interactive element (eg. mobile, game, interactive site etc.);
- Pitch will be seven minutes, followed by a ten minute Q & Aperiod;
- Projects need not have a funding trigger (eg. CMF, broadcaster, distributor, etc.);
- In addition to fictional story narratives, factual/documentaries, reality projects, lifestyle and arts/entertainment projects are also accepted;
- A development agreement will be signed and the $10,000 award MUST go towards the development of the project.
Eight “Pitch 360” participants will be selected based on:
- Innovation and creative potential
- Marketability and concept viability
- Cross media integration
- USA/international market appeal
Pitch 360 Jury
- Curt Marvis, President of Digital Media, Lionsgate Studios
- Brian Seth Hurst, Opportunity Management Company, LA
- Chris Harris, Shaw Media, Toronto
- Mark Bishop, marblemedia, Toronto
- Greg Schenz, Endgame Entertainment, LA
- Seth Shapiro, New Amsterdam Media, LA
The registration fee is $50 per person (paid upon acceptance only). Each team is permitted to register up to three people for the Masterclass only. Teams will be informed by mid October if they have been selected.